Can't connect to Google Play Services

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello,

I have been experienced problems with the Goole Play plugin. I don't know if is exactly the plugin or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't connect to Google Play Services. When the plugin try to sign in, it appears the typical loading screen of Google Play but then it disappears without ask you the user to connect for use the services.

I have never been problems with the plugin. I have used it in Construct 2 and 3 perfectly, but now I can't found the way to solve this.

- I have published the game in alpha version.

- I have link the app in Google Play Services.

- I have paste the Application ID in the plugin.

- I have published the leaderboards in the Google Play Services.

What I'm forgetting?

I have read some post about 64-bit requeriments or something to use Google Play. It could be the reason?

• Nobody? ó_ò No one is using this plugin?

• Hi Diepther

When the dialog vanishes like this is typically means that Google Play services has decided that the app is invalid, it's not a very developer friendly way to fail but I believe they do it this way for security reasons.

A couple of things for you to check:

- Have you added the signature of your signing certificate to Google Play services?

- Have you added the google account your using on the device to the testing user list on Google Play services?

• Hi Diepther

When the dialog vanishes like this is typically means that Google Play services has decided that the app is invalid, it's not a very developer friendly way to fail but I believe they do it this way for security reasons.

- Have you added the signature of your signing certificate to Google Play services?

- Have you added the google account your using on the device to the testing user list on Google Play services?

I have the same problem.

1 yes, I added a key.

2 I have a release, as well as I added an account to the play market

play.google.com/store/apps/details

What can be done to solve this problem?

• Adding the key isn't enough, you also need to register the signature for the key with Google. You are given the option to provide a signature during the creation of an "app" on the Play Console, but it is optional. Without the signature your application will not connect to Google Play Services. You can edit the signature on the Google APIs website, there you will find an API entry for your application that was created via the Play Console website. Under the credentials section you can edit the signature and the package identifier associated with your application. The page looks like this:

When opening the sign in dialog Google Play verifies that the certificate used to sign the app matches the one for the API, if it doesn't the dialog closes. As debug builds are signed with a special debug certificate they cannot use the Google Play API unless you resign the APK with the correct certificate.

You can find a link to your API console project under "game details" in the Google Play console. It is at the very bottom of the page.

• Adding the key isn't enough, you also need to register the signature for the key with Google. You are given the option to provide a signature during the creation of an "app" on the Play Console, but it is optional. Without the signature your application will not connect to Google Play Services. You can edit the signature on the Google APIs website, there you will find an API entry for your application that was created via the Play Console website. Under the credentials section you can edit the signature and the package identifier associated with your application. The page looks like this:

Allocated to the square. I need to put this in construct 3, in the plugin play market, right?

Over here?

• Hi Diepther

Hello,

yes, I added the signature, and I think all is correct. As I said, I did the same process as in previous games. All these problems I already had them months ago, and I learned to solve them... but now I'm totally blocked. I can't identify the reason.

I leave the images:

http://i68.tinypic.com/jgseax.jpg[/IMG]

http://i66.tinypic.com/123nx47.jpg[/IMG]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Diepther I can sympathise, the behaviour of the Google Auth API is frustrating to work with. I've tried my best to streamline it, but there is no useful output from it to give to the developer here.

Last time I had to debug an issue with the API I found myself unable to get past this point for most of a day. The issue in the end was that we had changed to a new test account for our devices, I believed I had added the account to the test users for the application but had placed it on the wrong application.

Resolving issues with this basically falls to trail and error, so all I can do is give suggestions. Sometimes the auth API will print kind of useful information to logcat in Android Studio, but you will have to sift through a huge amount of superfluous information from your device and jump through the correct hoops for getting Android Studio to produce a signed debug build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)