C3/Chrome Flashbangs 💥

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Every time I preview my game, or open C3.

Flashbang!

Is there an easy way to fix this bug somehow?

I'm guessing it's a Chrome issue.

• Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this thread is about?

• Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this thread is about?

might have not made games so popular your competitors start throwing flashbang grenades into your house then. it's a real prolbem

• Maybe turn off WebGPU.

Either way update drivers, blah blah, the usual spiel of render bugs.

• They occur whenever opening a Chromium window. On both my computers.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this thread is about?

Brief White screen flashes.

• Indeed if the chrome browser is closed and you start it, there is a white flash all over the screen and the chrome browser window appears. I didn't notice it until you described the problem, now I have to live with it.

• Oh. Yeah seems like Chrome is going down hill lately.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Haha, yeah and when you're testing your game constantly, it's a lot of flashes!

• There is a short flash when Chrome is launched the first time, but after that there are no flashes. Preview windows open with black background.

Maybe because I'm using dark themes in both Windows and C3.

• Yeah this is an extremely long-standing issue with new pages in chrome defaulting to white. I've actually developed muscle memory to close my eyes when opening chrome/C3 for the first time lol. Apparently it's much more difficult to fix than one would think. I thought it only happened when entering a new domain, however...

Searching something along the lines of "white flash when opening chrome" will give you a lot of results, but no permanent fixes it seems.

• What do you have in "Settings -> Preview with"? I get a white flash only when I set "Browser tab" there.

• Thank you Tokinsom for confirming and sharing your experience!

What do you have in "Settings -> Preview with"? I get a white flash only when I set "Browser tab" there.

I use "popup window" that seemed like the best setting. I have the app installed as it's the best way to use C3 that I'm aware of.

I think XHXIAIEIN may have initially pointed this issue out and now I'm more consciously aware of this strange flash.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)