Bullets Vs Multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Knight and undead characters sprites for creating a 2D RPG platformer game
  • Firstly, we know that treating shots in the C3 is proving to be a challenge and I deeply believe that there is a way to get around this problem below... I have some ideas but I haven't been able to re-sign the C3 yet.

I think that with detection rays and letting the bullets be local solves this... However, some players can see the bullet catching while others won't... Generating the assumption of using a hack.

I'm sure I'll overcome this challenge... But I still can't think of a way...

• Ashley Do you have a solution to amenize this ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you post a project file where I can test this?

I'd guess that the host communicates "destroy" before it communicates "move" so that the bullet for the peer gets destroyed before the final movement it should do. Maybe this can be adjusted by ordering your events in a different way or by delaying the destroy action for peers by a brief (1 tick?) delay.

• I'm testing the following...

Do not synchronize the bullet

And do the damage only to the host.

So each peer destroys its bullet. However, I want to test it thoroughly and find out if strange things will happen, like some bullets passing directly through the peer but colliding with the host, making it look like "using a hack".

• I was more thinking the project file so I can edit the code in question (a minimal repro is enough if you don't wanna share the whole project). But anyway, from my test I barely notice the difference. It's maybe a few pixels off, and those are covered by the effect anyway. It did not seem like much of an issue tbh. I guess that also depends a bit on latency and such but I wouldn't mind, even in big AAA titles you'll die behind walls because of latency issues.

• Thanks for your help, in this example I already tried to fix the problem and I'm glad that everything seemed normal to you. The bullets are not synchronized. If you synchronize it starts to disappear before contacting the solids on the peer side.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)