Bug? - Platform, Solid, Tilemap, and Jump Thru interacting strangely...

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Hey there, everyone. I'm seeing some weird interactions in a game I am making full of inside jokes for my friend as a wedding gift.

So basically, I have a tilemap for the stage solids, and a tilemap for the jump thru platforms and decor objects.

However, what I am seeing is that Jump Thru behavior tiles are acting really weirdly next to Solid tiles. For one, a Jump Thru will collide when it isn't next to a Solid wall, and the player will be able to walk on that Jump Thru tile if you walk along the surface to another Jump Thru near a wall. However, if you fall down from above, the player falls right through, even though that very same tile collided a moment ago.

Also, it seems like a player on top of a Jump Thru tile isn't considered to be on the floor, since my code checks if the player isn't moving and is also on the floor in order to play the idle animation. When standing on a Jump Thru platform that is also next to a Solid wall, the walking animation never stops.

My file can be downloaded here. The issue in question is on the Desert level. I have changed the blending mode on the "decor" tilemap to make them black and show which is which.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Also, jumping while on the Jump Thru platform next to the Solid wall seems to launch you into the sky... what?

• I tried out my standard method of applying solids and jump thrus, which was to decorate my level with tilemaps and then use a separate layer for all solids and jump thrus... and it works fine.

What's this weird interaction? Has anyone had this problem but me?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)