Big touch lag on some Android.

• > The performance of the Apps is far much better than android making it easier to create Apps that need performance, also the colours display is super, I find much easier to create Graphics for the Game Design on iOS than Android

Hmmm, no, absolutely not true. Maybe if you compare a $1000 iPhone with a $300 Samsung, but if you compare iPhone with similarily priced Samsung it definitely does not look better. My 4 year old S6 Galaxy still looks better than most iPhones to me, although this is obviously somewhat subjective.

BadMario

Sure why not, everyone has his own test in it

Jejeje are we gonna do Apple vs Samsung match? I'm not Apple fanboy so I don't think I will be good for this.

Just for the record, I was giving my personal opinion not general, I have my test and you have yours and every one has its own and its all cool.

For me still looks way cleaner iPhones compared to Samsung because of the saturation is too strong on Samsungs phones, if you playing long hours with Samsung it hurts the eyes and they get tired much quickly but that's my personal opinion, but I know some people they prefer Samsung colours and its fine for me.

Maybe if you compare a $1000 iPhone with a $300 Samsung

Not that far, you can just compare (S8 Vs iPhone 8) they are about the same price

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For me still looks way cleaner iPhones compared to Samsung because of the saturation is too strong on Samsungs phones, if you playing long hours with Samsung it hurts the eyes and they get tired much quickly but that's my personal opinion, but I know some people they prefer Samsung colours and its fine for me.

You can turn off the color boost on Android in the Display settings, if that is what you refer to.

• fredriksthlm

Probably has to be more configurated and tuned? not sure maybe,

I have to come back to it after I finish the iOS version as I didn't want to distract too much with the Android version, I honestly thought that I have to redo all the Graphics for Android because of the colours that's why I stay away from testing on it at the moment, I will have to look probably some tutorial to how to configure the Samsung display and test again in the future and maybe it will look smoother, not sure lets see.

Thanks

• Ok Constructors. More information on Android + Audio + Chrome / Webview audio lag.

So, according to Google.

Chrome assesses the device capabilities based on Android OS returning a value for baseLatency

this value

BaseLatency TEST http://rtoy.github.io/webaudio-hacks/tests/osc.html

if the value is "high" Chrome adds a ton of latency into the audio path to avoid audio glitching.

apparently the value returned is erroneously too high (far too high) on most of the Android phones currently out there. even on powerful phones capable of much lower latency.

This is where the 300-400ms lag is coming from.

Ive noted on the two phones I have direct access to

Cubot power. Very little lag on the app.website , returns a baseLatency of 256 frames

On the MOTO G5. 300ms lag on the app/website/ returns a baseLatency of 3200 frames.

• FYI Google are now tracking this as a Chrome issue here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1014614

It looks like it might be possible to override the base latency, but it creates an awkward problem. Firstly this is only necessary for Android; secondly if you specify too low a value on a device that really doesn't support it, you could end up with lots of audio glitches, which is worse. So using that is like rolling the dice and randomly making it either better or worse. I'm always skeptical of implementing any such measures, since we can expect the next bug report to be "when I set a low custom latency, some devices have awful audio glitches", and they'd expect us to fix that... which means going back to where we started.

• Yeah touch lag ...is a real pain.....even after using a good processor phone

lol nobody replied to it

• FYI Google are now tracking this as a Chrome issue here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1014614

Oh... I raised my bug on the Android tracker but they closed it to track the issue against this bug in the Chrome tracker instead. But they stated that the bug is in Android ?? (reporting too high latencies to chrome) not in Chrome?. Unless they have maybe resolved the issue in latest Android?

Hmm , I dont know. But it is good that Google have at least acknowledged the issue and are looking into it. (Although you would think a company the size of Google would be all over these sort of issues long before joe public starts to raise them, makes me a little nervous about the organisation there.).

• From my testing it actually is a bug in Chrome since the bug does not appear in Samsung Internet. So it makes sense that the bug is tracked in Chrome.

Although you would think a company the size of Google would be all over these sort of issues long before joe public starts to raise them

Even their resources are limited compared to unleashing millions of people onto it. You're bound to find things that nobody found before.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)