Array size

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • hello people sorry my english. I am new to Construct3 I started using an array and I have a question: if I build an array of 100x100x100 it is very heavy it slows down the game, are there limits on array?

• It depends on what you do with it. If you're looping through the entire array it might be a bit taxing, that's a million cells to check.

There may be more efficient ways to store the data. Again it depends on your use.

I've made a parser that uses arrays with 100k+ cells, it performs operations pretty much instantly for me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It depends on what you do with it. If you're looping through the entire array it might be a bit taxing, that's a million cells to check.

There may be more efficient ways to store the data. Again it depends on your use.

I've made a parser that uses arrays with 100k+ cells, it performs operations pretty much instantly for me.

Hello! I use the array for speak npc in rpg game. Is funtional?

• It is functional but do you really need a million cells? Maybe consider trying out JSON, I think it's structure works better for dialogue.

• Tanks, goog observation i try JSON

( 1 millon cells i too much realy XD )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)