App Rejected for Advertising ID - Google Play (FAMILY PROGRAM'S APP)

1 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi all! When trying to post an update I encountered an error. (Attaching a screenshot).

The game was rejected due to the reason "We’ve identified that your app or an SDK in your app transmits device identifier(s) that do not comply with our Families Policy. These identifiers may include but are not limited to [Advertising ID]."

Help is needed. I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do? I have a game with a 3+ rating and a target audience of children under 5 years old. I indicated that the game collects and transmits data such as an advertising identifier for advertising and analytics. Please help me, how can I solve the problem? Has anyone encountered anything like this?

• There are a lot of problems with children's apps, very strict rules.

If you're an independent developer, it's better not to go there, this audience is very hard to monetize and has very low retention. Without recognizable brands, you have nothing to do there.

You need to familiarize yourself with google requirements for such apps, fix everything and post an update.

If you have only Admob and no analytics you need to disable user data collection, disable personalized ads. Set a restriction on advertising content by age and re-fill the google user data.

• There are a lot of problems with children's apps, very strict rules.

If you're an independent developer, it's better not to go there, this audience is very hard to monetize and has very low retention. Without recognizable brands, you have nothing to do there.

You need to familiarize yourself with google requirements for such apps, fix everything and post an update.

If you have only Admob and no analytics you need to disable user data collection, disable personalized ads. Set a restriction on advertising content by age and re-fill the google user data.

I removed children from my app and made it 13+. I was kicked out of the family program. As a result, the game fell out of the top simulator ratings, I lost more than 60% of downloads per day, and lost my growth. I'm going to get the kids back again and do something about advertising because that's not the answer.

I would be grateful if you could tell me how to remove data collection in admob, etc. Because Admob requires data collection for UK users. It's called Gdpr.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You need every trace of tracking in projects in the Google Play's Design Apps for Families Programs removed, also you need a plugin like this to remove those listed identifiers: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

• I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do?

You do not need the GDPR requirements you are thinking of for Google Play's Designed for Families Programs, specifically the Advertising Id. Furthermore, if you are using the Mobile Advert object, it's automatically incompliant because the consent dialog is hardcoded.

I'm not sure if you can get away using the Mobile Advert as long as you do not launch the consent dialog. Although, considering it is Google, I wouldn't risk it. In spite of that, you still need a plugin to remove those ids specified, like this plugin does: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

• > I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do?

You do not need the GDPR requirements you are thinking of for Google Play's Designed for Families Programs, specifically the Advertising Id. Furthermore, if you are using the Mobile Advert object, it's automatically incompliant because the consent dialog is hardcoded.

I'm not sure if you can get away using the Mobile Advert as long as you do not launch the consent dialog. Although, considering it is Google, I wouldn't risk it. In spite of that, you still need a plugin to remove those ids specified, like this plugin does: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

Ohh, okay.. and what do you think about these actions? Perhaps they can help?

• > > I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do?

>

> You do not need the GDPR requirements you are thinking of for Google Play's Designed for Families Programs, specifically the Advertising Id. Furthermore, if you are using the Mobile Advert object, it's automatically incompliant because the consent dialog is hardcoded.

>

> I'm not sure if you can get away using the Mobile Advert as long as you do not launch the consent dialog. Although, considering it is Google, I wouldn't risk it. In spite of that, you still need a plugin to remove those ids specified, like this plugin does: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

Ohh, okay.. and what do you think about these actions? Perhaps they can help?

Those are only for COPPA, which are one of the requisites.

• > > > I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do?

> >

> > You do not need the GDPR requirements you are thinking of for Google Play's Designed for Families Programs, specifically the Advertising Id. Furthermore, if you are using the Mobile Advert object, it's automatically incompliant because the consent dialog is hardcoded.

> >

> > I'm not sure if you can get away using the Mobile Advert as long as you do not launch the consent dialog. Although, considering it is Google, I wouldn't risk it. In spite of that, you still need a plugin to remove those ids specified, like this plugin does: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

>

> Ohh, okay.. and what do you think about these actions? Perhaps they can help?

>

>

Those are only for COPPA, which are one of the requisites.

Yes, but judging by this window we can treat all users as children. It also mentions the GDPR window, which is why there is a problem, because when it wasn’t there, everything was fine. The window requires mandatory data collection.

Can you understand this? Google has introduced a mandatory requirement to illuminate the window, but it is prohibited for children. Haha, sur.

They themselves cannot understand their decisions, it’s the same network, like Admob, like Google, they shouldn’t have problems. I can't remove the GDPR window because it's mandatory. Why should I bypass some strange methods and new plugins and write something in the manifest... Hide something.. Is it really not possible to just track whether it is a child or not, and show a window depending on the age.. Maybe there is an action "Tag for under age of consent" is exactly it.

I apologize for so much text, but I want to figure it out once and for all. I removed children from the app and lost most of my audience. I won't be able to continue to receive such a stable income, and develop an update... It's a nightmare.

It would also be a good idea for the Construct developers to look at this whole situation, because as you write, they “dialog is hardcoded”... I am surprised by the silence of many, because this is clearly a problem.

• > > > > I use Admob and understand that the advertising ID maybe depends on the required DGPR settings. What should I do?

> > >

> > > You do not need the GDPR requirements you are thinking of for Google Play's Designed for Families Programs, specifically the Advertising Id. Furthermore, if you are using the Mobile Advert object, it's automatically incompliant because the consent dialog is hardcoded.

> > >

> > > I'm not sure if you can get away using the Mobile Advert as long as you do not launch the consent dialog. Although, considering it is Google, I wouldn't risk it. In spite of that, you still need a plugin to remove those ids specified, like this plugin does: constructcollection.com/documentations/mobile/mobile-advert-families-programs

> >

> > Ohh, okay.. and what do you think about these actions? Perhaps they can help?

> >

> >

>

> Those are only for COPPA, which are one of the requisites.

Yes, but judging by this window we can treat all users as children. It also mentions the GDPR window, which is why there is a problem, because when it wasn’t there, everything was fine. The window requires mandatory data collection.

Can you understand this? Google has introduced a mandatory requirement to illuminate the window, but it is prohibited for children. Haha, sur.

They themselves cannot understand their decisions, it’s the same network, like Admob, like Google, they shouldn’t have problems. I can't remove the GDPR window because it's mandatory. Why should I bypass some strange methods and new plugins and write something in the manifest... Hide something.. Is it really not possible to just track whether it is a child or not, and show a window depending on the age.. Maybe there is an action "Tag for under age of consent" is exactly it.

I apologize for so much text, but I want to figure it out once and for all. I removed children from the app and lost most of my audience. I won't be able to continue to receive such a stable income, and develop an update... It's a nightmare.

It would also be a good idea for the Construct developers to look at this whole situation, because as you write, they “dialog is hardcoded”... I am surprised by the silence of many, because this is clearly a problem.

If you are trying to vent, I understand. But, if you are asking me what's the issue, then to elucidate what's happening based on your provided Google rejection response:

1. It's not an issue with your event sheet.
    2. Rather, it's an issue with your SDK integration and Android Manifest.
    3. You shouldn't have anything in your project that identifies your users since it's targeted only for children.
    4. In your case, your project's build integration.
    5. Assuming you only have the Mobile Advert plugin, you need to remove those identifiers.
    6. No, you do not need a consent dialog. Quite the opposite actually, it's preferably removed, if not required.
    7. Strictly remove the AD_ID permission.

When writing for this compliance for my own projects and plugin collections (a quick solution). I used this as my guide: support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9893335

• It seems like your app was rejected due to concerns related to the transmission of device identifiers, specifically the advertising ID, in a manner that doesn't comply with the Families Policy of the app store. Given that your target audience includes children under 5 years old, it's important to address this issue to ensure compliance with privacy and data protection regulations.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem:

1. **Review AdMob Settings:**

- Ensure that your AdMob settings are configured to comply with privacy regulations, such as GDPR. AdMob provides options to set up consent forms and manage ad personalization settings. Make sure you are collecting user consent appropriately.

2. **Check SDKs and Libraries:**

- Examine other SDKs or libraries integrated into your app. Sometimes, third-party libraries might also collect and transmit data. Review their documentation and settings to ensure compliance with privacy policies.

3. **Update Privacy Policy:**

- Verify that your app's privacy policy accurately reflects the data collection and usage practices. Make sure it is easily accessible to users. Clearly state what data is collected, how it is used, and if it is shared with third parties.

4. **Age-appropriate Ads:**

- Since your target audience includes children under 5 years old, ensure that the ads displayed are appropriate for this age group. AdMob allows you to set ad content preferences. Adjust these settings to ensure that only age-appropriate ads are shown.

5. **Implement Child-Directed Design:**

- Design your app with children in mind. Follow best practices for child-directed design, including simple navigation, age-appropriate content, and easy-to-use interfaces.

6. **Communicate with Support:**

- If you've made the necessary adjustments, resubmit your app for review and provide clear documentation on the steps you've taken to comply with privacy policies. Include any relevant information regarding age-appropriate content and data handling.

7. **Monitor Developer Forums:**

- Check developer forums for the app store in question. Sometimes, other developers might have faced similar issues, and there could be official responses or community discussions that provide insights into solving the problem.

Remember, compliance with privacy policies is crucial, especially when dealing with apps targeted at children. If you're uncertain about any specific requirements or if the issue persists, consider reaching out to the app store's support or developer relations team for further guidance.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)