Anyone seen this before?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I have a project that's exported as html uploaded to my website. When one tries to access it, it is meant to come up with:

However, lately, more and more I'm seeing:

It's as though it's shuffling random images, and grabbing the wrong ones.

The thing is, I can't figure out whether or not it's Construct that's causing the issue, the webhost that's allowing people to download the wrong things, or even the browsing software that's causing the issue.

I'm at a loss as to what may be causing this. I haven't updated Construct in quite some time (learned to only stick to stables), so I doubt it's that... however I have seen this error appear from time to time in the last couple of months... so it could be.

I'm not minifying it, but I do select deduplicate and recompress images, as I can't imagine they're breaking things...

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it doesn't happen every time then its the server side.

Does your site use some sort of cdn?

• I have seen that before. Try uploading the entire project if you only uploaded parts before. Otherwise it could be caching. Try reloading with ctrl+F5. Could also be server-side caching, try uploading it in a new folder.

• Uploading it in a new folder seemed to have worked... but the original folder I have it in is pretty important.

Does anyone know of a permanent way of fixing it and allowing me to use the old folders?

• If it doesn't happen every time then its the server side.

Does your site use some sort of cdn?

My Webhosts tell me they do not use cdn... although I'm not entirely sure they know what I'm talking about :D

Also, once it's happened, no matter how many times I refresh and clear the cache, it will always display the errors.

They seem to think I made OBS Studio... no matter how many times I correct them.

sigh...

• Export a new version, delete everything in the old folder, then upload the new version to that old folder.

Now if you empty your browser cache and go to play it, it should all be normal. Unfortunately everybody else who has visited the site recently may continue to experience the same issue until they delete their browser cache or until it just goes away on its own ( after a few days browser may stop showing cached images and show the updated version, this would depend on various settings I guess that you have no control over )

I am pretty sure this is caused by messed up sprite sheets. Script is pointing to a sprite sheet that looks different from the same named sprite sheet that exists in your cache, so you get a different/incorrect image displayed. Each export may produce different sprite sheets, but they will have same names

• Export a new version, delete everything in the old folder, then upload the new version to that old folder.

Now if you empty your browser cache and go to play it, it should all be normal. Unfortunately everybody else who has visited the site recently may continue to experience the same issue until they delete their browser cache or until it just goes away on its own ( after a few days browser may stop showing cached images and show the updated version, this would depend on various settings I guess that you have no control over )

Sadly, that's exactly what I've been doing, and what I always do when I upload a new version. I don't just overwrite in case there are images or sounds that are no longer used.

• Then a server cache problem possibly.

I have encounterd this before, but since then I always delete everything and upload new files, have not had the problem since.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)