Anyone know how to deal with iOS "Limit ad tracking"

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Ads work perfectly fine, but as soon as this setting is turned on (Settings > Privacy > Advertising) no ads will be served. The app actually was rejected a couple of times because the testers couldn´t get the rewarded video ad reward. (No video -> No reward) Took quite a while to figure out that it was this setting.

The question is, what to do now? I can only find rather vague information online that boils down to "It may work if you get a lot of traffic on your app and wait a while" and "There is nothing you can really do, just show a message urging the user to turn the setting off". Generally this is fine by me but it also isn´t exactly an elegant solution.

I thought that adding mediation/ad sources could improve the fill rate in this case (because more potential sources of ads will be requested before going into the error) but since all of them require adding SDKs it´s at best a major pain in the rectal region if it´s even possible in the first place.

I was hoping someone here has live iOS apps with admob/rewarded ads running and may know a solution.

Cheers

• I'm afraid I don't have any advice on getting adverts to show when limit ad tracking is enabled. But I would generally advise you structure your game logic with the assumption that you will only sometimes get an advert. Perhaps trying to load a video advert, then offering a reward to users if it loaded? However, I'm not sure what the Admob guidelines say about loading an advert but not showing it.

Anyway back to "limit ad tracking". There doesn't appear to be any particularly useful suggestions online about it, other than "get more users" ( because that's nice and easy... ). If you do discover something we can change/add that will improve the number of adverts being served then we're happy to look into it, just tag me in a post with whatever source you found.

• But I would generally advise you structure your game logic with the assumption that you will only sometimes get an advert. Perhaps trying to load a video advert, then offering a reward to users if it loaded?

Yeah, lesson learned I guess. The thing is it still completely demonetizes the app (I don't have IAP) and that's not exactly good. I think once I have more apps online I can fall back to in-house ads but right now...

other than "get more users" ( because that's nice and easy... )

If things go well (talking about 1-2% conversion rate) I should get a nice boost soon. But we'll see if that improves the ad serving.

If you do discover something we can change/add that will improve the number of adverts being served then we're happy to look into it

Thanks! I'll let you know if I find something.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just posting this as an update if anyone with similar issues finds this thread.

Ads are now serving even with this setting enabled, took about 2 weeks overall but didn´t require that many users. So the key seems to be just... waiting. Kinda annoying but ok. Also include a fallback in case no ads are served!

• I've seen some suggestion that the longer your game is out the better idea they have about what type of people use it ( presumably via users who don't limit ad tracking ) hence they can market ad spots with some level of categorisation instead of generalised ones to the advert providers.

Good to confirm that this appears to be correct, but it is frustrating.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)