Has anyone done a tutorial on how to Update an iOS app?

1 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Just looking for a simple tutorial, video or written, of how to update an iOS app that's in the store. What's the fastest and simplest way using Construct 3? THANKS!

Tagged:

• Isn't this more of an iOS store thing so they should have a page that tells you

• Ya, I guess the thing I dread most is having to reconfigure all the xCode settings, I wish I could just update my existing project using Construct 3 and push it to xCode so I could use the same xCode project to update the app, rather than having to start from scratch creating a new one

• Maybe there are just a few files I could extract from Construct 3's iOS export and insert them into my already done xCode project, instead of having to start all over again...

• Should be as simple as creating a bundle in xcode and submitting? I dunno I usually use android but it seems easy on iOS too. There is a tutorial here which may still be relevant construct.net/en/tutorials/ios-application-development-and-publishing-with-xcode-25

• It wasn't in the tutorial but your comment actually helped me figure it out! I was able to go in and look up a youtube tutorial and figured out the rest on my own. Now I'm happy to report my app was successfully updated! Now just waiting for the Apple review process:)

• I simply exported from C3 as an xCode project.

2. Unzipped it and opened the .workplace file in xCode

3. Dragged over my icons from my old project.

4. Made sure all the settings were right and the version code was later than the last one.

5. Tested it in the simulator and my personal device.

6. In the Menu went to: Product -> Archive (I actually had to restart xCode because it was throwing up an error when I tried to export it, but after I restarted xCode it worked. I found that out by going to stackoverflow and everyone was having the same problem with xCode. Apparently a restart fixes it. I also had to turn off automatic-signing then on again to fix that, lol. XCode is really buggy. )

7. Then I uploaded it using xCode to my appstoreconnect website profile and it worked!

Only took me about 3 hours, but worth it in the end for sure. Now I can do it easily since I've been through the whole process a few times.:)

• I wonder do people even need a tutorial for this?

Not really but people get scared when they see new things

• What is XCode version that you using to build iOS app?

I simply exported from C3 as an xCode project.

2. Unzipped it and opened the .workplace file in xCode

3. Dragged over my icons from my old project.

4. Made sure all the settings were right and the version code was later than the last one.

5. Tested it in the simulator and my personal device.

6. In the Menu went to: Product -> Archive (I actually had to restart xCode because it was throwing up an error when I tried to export it, but after I restarted xCode it worked. I found that out by going to stackoverflow and everyone was having the same problem with xCode. Apparently a restart fixes it. I also had to turn off automatic-signing then on again to fix that, lol. XCode is really buggy. )

7. Then I uploaded it using xCode to my appstoreconnect website profile and it worked!

Only took me about 3 hours, but worth it in the end for sure. Now I can do it easily since I've been through the whole process a few times.:)

First off, there are a million and one things that can go wrong with Xcode. I know, I've tried...

And using Construct 3 with Xcode just introduces even more problems.

If you got through the entire process of uploading, publishing, and then updating an app in the iOS store using Construct 3 with Xcode, without using a tutorial, then that is a miracle.

But I'm guessing by the nature of your question, that you've never tried it, not even once. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What is XCode version that you using to build iOS app?

I am using the latest version of Xcode with the latest version of Apple's operating system. Otherwise, there are more bugs introduced by Apple from my experience...

• > I wonder do people even need a tutorial for this?

Not really but people get scared when they see new things

You can figure it out yourself, but be prepared to spend days of frustration if not weeks if you run into the bugs I found...

Or, use a tutorial and get through it in a few hours or less. :) Everyone has different preferences. :)))

• Yes, unlike android updating is a big pain with ios. Wish one could just build from construct and upload direct without configuring xcode. How are you managing the in-app rating? I did not find any native plugin that enables in-app reviews. How to enable in-app rating or appstore reviews in construct? I have not figured this yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)