Animations editor new importing options

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Ah, ok! That makes sense! Thanks for the update. Also, this folder import feature is a fantastic addition. Really saves a huge amount of time!

• Hello, these options seem not to work for me. When set to true, it still imports the folders and animations to new instead of replacing them. Please help me.

"replace-existing-animation"

"replace-existing-folder"

• Mit Mit Those options are not available in the latest stable version. If you want to try them out try the latest beta

If you are already using the latest beta and it still doesn't work as you expect, please share the files you are trying to import and I will take a look.

• Very excited about these new features!

I have a request... For operations that have the option "apply to all animations" (e.g., setting image point coordinates), would it be possible to add an option "apply to all animations in folder"? Basically applies the changes only to the animations in the folder/sub folders, but the other animations are untouched.

• pandabear7413

That would be a different feature to the one discussed in this thread.

You can try posting it in the suggestions platform to see if more people are interested in it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • All those new import options are great additions, thanks !

However, unless i miss something, for dev/artists using only spritesheets like me, the process of importing a lot of animations is still really tedious.

Let's take an example, I want to bulk import 10 spritesheets animations for my character : Walk_10x1, Idle_4x1, SpecialAttack_16x2 and so on.

I still need to manually specify the number of horizontal cells and vertical cells and import them one by one in the editor. The configuration file wouldn't be helping a lot as I would still need to duplicate and edit it for each of the spritesheets i'd like to import as they all have different vertical and horizontal cells numbers.

As most people working with spritesheets, I use this nomenclature where at the end of the animations file names, I add _"X"x"Y" where "X" is the number of horizontal cells and "Y" is the number of vertical frames. (Some other spritesheet users prefer to name their animations files _"W"x"H" where "W" and "H" are the width of a individual frame)

Do you think it would be possible to add a way to add this kind of nomenclature support when importing spritesheets using a config file or/and even better, also using all the other import method ?

For example in the config file it would be

"spritesheet": {

"nomenclature": _XxY

"horizontal-cells": 4, //not used if nomenclature is specified and equal to "_XxY" or "_WxH"

"vertical-cells": 4, //same

"direction": "horizontal" //same

}

Here is how it would work for the import Spritesheet popup

The horizontal cells and vertical cells would be grayed out if "Based of file name" isn't equal to "No"

Of course the name "_XxY"/"_WxH" are bad, especially if it's for a popup inside the editor. It's just a quick and ugly mockup.

Anyway the most important would be that it's supported by the config file, indeed as the goal is to be able to bulk import it, adding this feature to the popup is less relevant.

• Overboy

I really can't argue against your idea as it sounds quite useful.

To think I actually thought this feature was going to be a quick one :P

• Overboy

That's great to hear ! Thanks :D

• Checked this thread, but still can't understand if it's possible to set JSON file to handle a single big sprite sheet with multiple animations in it?

For example, to slice each row in a big spritesheet as separated animation.

So i importsprite sheet like this:

And as a result, I get 3 separate animations.

• Farsight

That is not possible at the moment.

• brushfe

As of the latest beta, r286, there is a new option you can use in the configuration file. Adding the "use-raw-folder-names" property with a value of true will make the importer use the folder names as they appear in the imported files.

• brushfe

As of the latest beta, r286, there is a new option you can use in the configuration file. Adding the "use-raw-folder-names" property with a value of true will make the importer use the folder names as they appear in the imported files.

DiegoM Amazing! Can't wait to try it out.

• I have a game that needs several sprites, more than 300. I would like to know if keeping all the animations in a single sprite is more suitable to create several different sprites.

• patolinopateta If you need all 300 sprites in the same layout, then it doesn't matter if they are separate sprites or a single sprite - you can combine them into one object for convenience. But if you don't need them all in one layout, then it's better to have separate sprites to save memory. Add all sprites to a family to optimize your code.

Also, please don't hijack others' topics.

• Overboy

Can't wait for this feature to be implemented to be honest :)

Is it still planned ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)