Animations editor new importing options

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Thank you for Frame Duration settings!

How do we use it?

• Let me update the first post with the new changes.

Edit: Just updated the first post, let me know how it works for you.

• Sorry for repeating my earlier question, but now when some additional info can be imported for animations, do you have plans to support importing image points and collision polys data?

• Awesome!

Thanks so much for adding the Sorting order DiegoM

I just have some issue as it's not working for me, I tested all the 3 options:

"sort" can be either "alphabetical", "numerical" or "no-sort".

But none of them worked as they all do the same sorting

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Here are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3je3gi9k4i3fazw/no-sort.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j33m5btzjg8i1m/numerical.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s25xan8tcoe1oby/alphabetical.zip?dl=0

• dop2000

I have been wondering where I should draw the line for this feature. This was developed in response to a suggestion (which I can not find) and the original idea was to provide a more convenient way to import entire animations, that should have been it.

Your suggestion will likely be the last thing I will implement for this feature. The only problem is that it's a little more involved than the last two things I added (and I still managed to completely botch that!)

I really don't know when I will work on it, so I can't give any estimates. I do want to implement it because it seems like a good addition before shelving the whole thing, that is as much as I can say.

• tarek2

I found two problems, the first one is that those files are malformed JSON.

"frame-durations": [1, 2, 3, 4, ...]

That is not valid JSON, I wrote it that way in the first post to imply that the array can have any number of elements. I'll update that to make sure it works in case someone else just copies and pastes it. You can see if there are any errors if you bring up the console, but I will add a more friendly error message in the next beta release.

I also found a bug that was causing the "sort" and "order" properties of a configuration file higher up the folder structure to not be picked up by deeper folders. At the moment "sort" and "order" only work as expected if the configuration file is in the same folder as the files it is meant to affect. A fix for that will be on the next beta.

Hopefully the next beta will be more useful than this one.

• Thanks DiegoM

You're right I just copied it from the first page didn't think it could malformed ))

I just tested and is working now if I put the JSON file inside the folder where the frames are

At the moment "sort" and "order" only work as expected if the configuration file is in the same folder as the files it is meant to affect. A fix for that will be on the next beta.

Hopefully the next beta will be more useful than this one.

Thank you

• I do want to implement it because it seems like a good addition before shelving the whole thing, that is as much as I can say.

Thanks, this would be a really useful addition in my opinion. I sometimes need to combine several sprites into one and rebuilding image points/polygons for imported animations is often the most difficult and time consuming part.

• A couple new options were added in r277 relating to this feature.

The Animations editor can now export animations that include collision polygon data and image point data.

A couple of new boolean properties in the configuration file can be used to tell the importer to replace existing animations or folders instead of always creating new elements.

There are short explanations for the new properties in the first post.

• Hi DiegoM Thanks for the new features very useful

I have an issue with the old sort ordering

None of my Json files is working do you know what can be the problem?

They worked before

I tested on r268 and r276.2

I need to import them in the same order as my PC has, numerical, like this:

Zip Files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yu5kin2l6kyd9t/alphabetical.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e75svhk8sd77apa/numerical.zip?dl=0

• tarek2

I think the problem is the name of the files. What C3 does to attempt a numerical sort is very simple, after you set the sort type to "numerical" it just tries to convert the names of the imported files, which are strings of characters, into numbers, using a built in Javascript method. Then when it has all the names converted to numbers, it does the sort.

For example it will convert the string "12" into the number 12. But if you feed it the string "Foo12" it just fails to do the conversion to a number, because it doesn't know what to do with the characters which are not numbers.

The easiest thing you can do is just name all the frames in your animation with numbers. Ej. 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, etc.

• The Animations editor can now export animations that include collision polygon data and image point data.

This is a great addition, thank you so much!

• Thanks a lot DiegoM for the info, that was the issue, I tested again the way you explained and it works perfectly, I thought the Numeric mode will work as the PC sorting which you can use A1, A2, A3 etc... But is not a problem for me I can change all the future names to string numbers ))

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM Is it possible to disable the "version" number automatically added to folders? It defeats the purpose of setting up folders with specific names in advance, since you have to rename all the folders in C3 to remove these numbers.

(in this example, the folder should just be called "General", "Ground", and "Stand")

• brushfe

That looks like a bug.

The way it is implemented, it will always create a folder with a unique name, but I just realised that in the Animations Editor you can in fact, have sub folders with the same name. I must have gotten confused with animations, that do require a unique name.

So I think it is not necessary for sub folders to be created with a unique name after all.

Will probably be changing that in the near future.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)