3D Object - with gltf 3D model support

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Mikal

Hmm, I have not really thought about that. Do you mean updating the model's texture during runtime like an animation?

Yup - originally, I thought the ideal way would be to handle it like Q3D Model/Sprite do - allow for animation folders/sequences/playback controls... But for performance and simplicity, the approach R0j0Hound is using in his Rojo3d engine is actually better:

There is a single action to apply a Sprite's current texture to a model - the link is non-dynamic, so when the texture on the Sprite changes, the model retains the texture give at the time of the action's execution.

Using this action and the already existing Sprite conditions, animated textures could be implemented very easily and in a flexible manner.

• ​Interim update, some partial fixes:

Better gltf error recovery, instead of crashing the editor, note in the dev console the issue of loading files and throw an alert. To correct this, change the filename back to 'path', reload the project, and use a different file next time.

Somewhat better rotation when rotating a model with skinned and non-skinned nodes. For a single axis of rotation, they will both rotate in the same way.​

However, still, an error when rotating skinned and non-skinned nodes with more than two axes of rotation, they do not rotate in the same direction for all axes of changed rotation.

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/303680/interim-update-editor-crash-rotations

Funky Koval - ah I see what you mean, a cool feature, I will add it to the list, but currently a low priority.

• ​Interim update, some partial fixes:

Better gltf error recovery, instead of crashing the editor, note in the dev console the issue of loading files and throw an alert. To correct this, change the filename back to 'path', reload the project, and use a different file next time.

Somewhat better rotation when rotating a model with skinned and non-skinned nodes. For a single axis of rotation, they will both rotate in the same way.​

However, still, an error when rotating skinned and non-skinned nodes with more than two axes of rotation, they do not rotate in the same direction for all axes of changed rotation.

in my game, all objects are rotating. even those that were animated in the blender by changing angle

so, great fix, thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Something very weird happening in the last version of the plugin 2.4.5

newest exported models mixing textures with previous (other model)

tried 2.4.4

and there is the same issue

can you send previous version to try?

Updated

found what is happen

in all models, i had texture in the 1024 resolution, but when added 512 px texture previous 1024 px textures starts to mix up with new 512 px image

not sure is it bug or feature

• There is a comment on the itch.io 3D Object page about this.

You must make the image size of the 3D Object larger than the Project sprite sheet size. For now, I suggest making the Project sprite sheet size the minimum (512) and if needed, upsize the image size of the 3DObject to be 512 or higher.

• There is a comment on the itch.io 3D Object page about this.

You must make the image size of the 3D Object larger than the Project sprite sheet size. For now, I suggest making the Project sprite sheet size the minimum (512) and if needed, upsize the image size of the 3DObject to be 512 or higher.

yeah, to have 512 textures we need sprite sheet size 512 or 1024

thanks

• How do you think, is there any chance to enhance performance?

tried today a normal, noncubic model, with 6k polygons(min that i was able to make to keep edges soft) and got just 18fps on the phone

while we need at least 30 I believe

• 6000? You want to be aiming for 1-2k for a humanoid character on desktop, probably less than 500 on mobile.

• 6000? You want to be aiming for 1-2k for a humanoid character on desktop, probably less than 500 on mobile.

probably it is possible, but very hard to do, for characters like stickman.

in the blender we can use a smooth view for the model, but in the construct all polygons are visible

• In general, I think there is a possibility for higher performance, currently, I am focused on minimal features and critical bugs first (e.g. flicker when animation change, rotation not working for some mixed mesh models.)

• For creating lower poly models in blender, try the second answer here - decimate (FoozleCC pointed me at it.)

blender.stackexchange.com/questions/31467/how-to-reduce-vertex-count-on-a-mesh

• In general, I think there is a possibility for higher performance, currently, I am focused on minimal features and critical bugs first (e.g. flicker when animation change, rotation not working for some mixed mesh models.)

Good point

The idea about frames for models also was good.

to be able to make skins

For creating lower poly models in blender, try the second answer here - decimate (FoozleCC pointed me at it.)

I did it, and got 2.5K polygons, it gives 30fps on mobile, but if to add even one more model, fps drops till 15

I learned how to make models better, and i can decrease the polygon count to 1.5k, but still hard to add more than 3 models like this on the scene

• Another notice.

Rotation of the object, or changing its speed cost a lot of performance, seen good on mobile

• Yes rotating is similar to animation, whenever you change a lot of points of a complex model, the CPU must do a lot of calculations. When you say changing speed, do mean mean animation rate or something else?

What mobile are you testing on? Mobile model and year? I am trying to gauge the performance of the platform. On my iPhone 12 the perf is good, but obviously higher end mobile.

• Yes rotating is similar to animation, whenever you change a lot of points of a complex model, the CPU must do a lot of calculations. When you say changing speed, do mean mean animation rate or something else?

No, speed, multiplier.

By the way, changing framerate from 60 till 24 gives a great boost in performance

What mobile are you testing on? Mobile model and year? I am trying to gauge the performance of the platform. On my iPhone 12 the perf is good, but obviously higher end mobile.

Im using Redmi S2 android for testing. I think it is average by market

mi.com/global/redmi-s2/specs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)