3D Object - with gltf 3D model support

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • I have multiple instances working better (no bugs seen yet, but once I release please let me know if other issues are seen.) See release 2.4.1.

Can you please share the gltf model file that is causing the above error (my suspicion is that it is a model without animation and I'm missing a case checking for that.)

thank you. i will test it asap

• will test more

but for now, it is working great

tried to delete objects, no errors

thank you again for this plugin.

will post results of my work little later

• here is my prototype

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Great example, lots of fun! The main character is a 3DObject and the rest are 3DShapes?

Release 2.4.2: Update for no animation error

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/302417/fix-no-animations-error

• Great example, lots of fun! The main character is a 3DObject and the rest are 3DShapes?

Thank you.

Main characters, coins with rotation animation(in blender), and skybox (giant sphere around the scene) are 3D objects and ground is a 3D shape

By the way, the issues that I have while working with 3D objects in this scene

- object bounding box is always on the 0 zelevation

hard to select the object, because when changing zelevation, the object has an offset with its bounding box in the perspective, higher zelevation gives a bigger offset. and sometimes is very hard to find the bounding box

- sphere doesn't rotate in any direction.

I've sent you an example of the sphere from the blender

construct.net/out

- while we are working in the 2D editor and always typing zelevation manually

will be better to have zelevation on top of the list in the properties panel.

for now, it is on the top and if to add an effect or behavior, we got to scroll the list to change the elevation, it can take a lot of time with a lot of objects on the scene

• Thanks for the feedback and info, some comments:

- Z Elevation, can't go up top, those are C3 reserved properties. I have asked that C3 plug-in SDK expose 'common Z-Elevation' ACEs', but Ashley has not done it yet (please vote it up, so perhaps he will):

construct3-21h2.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C321H2-I-32

- Bounding box/collision. This is dependent on the C3 collision system. Currently, the C3 system only supports 2D collision, so it does not take Z elevation into consideration. Instead, in other C3 examples, people usually create associated 3d objects with collision filtering or a full 3d collision system (see Construct Community Discord and Twitter for examples.) Perhaps one day C3 will add more 3d collision support (or develop your own or use 3rd party.)

- The sphere rotation, is probably related to how I am doing rotation for certain meshes/nodes differently. I have seen this in other static models and other multiple mesh models and I'm looking into it.

• Thanks for the feedback and info, some comments:

- Z Elevation, can't go up top, those are C3 reserved properties. I have asked that C3 plug-in SDK expose 'common Z-Elevation' ACEs', but Ashley has not done it yet (please vote it up, so perhaps he will):

voted

- Bounding box/collision. This is dependent on the C3 collision system. Currently, the C3 system only supports 2D collision, so it does not take Z elevation into consideration.

I explained wrong probably

By bounding box, I mean the area by which we can drug the 3D object in the editor.

collision is a hard question for sure, but you added zelevation property and it is enough for now.

• By bounding box, I mean the area by which we can drug the 3D object in the editor.

Ah, yes. That may also be related to getting C3 API support for Common Z Elevation ACEs (BB in the editor, automatically adjusted for Z Elevation like 3D Shape does for the back face.)

• Mikal

Quick questions on features:

-are you planning on removing the limitation of the object's texture being larger than spritesheet size?

-are you planning on allowing for texture/image sequences (ideally something like Q3D, handling it like the Sprite object)?

• > By bounding box, I mean the area by which we can drug the 3D object in the editor.

Ah, yes. That may also be related to getting C3 API support for Common Z Elevation ACEs (BB in the editor, automatically adjusted for Z Elevation like 3D Shape does for the back face.)

yeah, I already understood it after your previous post

• Still can't figure out why some objects, as i see without armature, can't be rotated in any direction

and by the way if to export the wrong file, the game still crashing when this object appears on the screen.

or even if to type the wrong extension in the 3D object path.

addition

ok, got it.

only armatures can be rotated in the plugin

added a bone to my object, and it is rotating now

• I do have a _partial_ fix to the rotation. I can rotate your skysphere now, however, if you have a model with both armature (skinned node) and not, they don't rotate correctly together. I could release it, but again it's just a partial fix.

What do you mean by 'export the wrong file'? So, I can watch out for that and try to ignore it, instead of crashing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mikal

Quick questions on features:

-are you planning on removing the limitation of the object's texture being larger than spritesheet size?

Yes, at some point in the future when I use dynamic texture instead of the sprite sheet, probably not for a little while though. If you are concerned about too large a texture for a model, I recommend setting the project sprite sheet size to 512, instead of the default 2048.

-are you planning on allowing for texture/image sequences (ideally something like Q3D, handling it like the Sprite object)?

Hmm, I have not really thought about that. Do you mean updating the model's texture during runtime like an animation?

• What do you mean by 'export the wrong file'? So, I can watch out for that and try to ignore it, instead of crashing.

any mistake in the name of the file in the path, or if you will forget to select some checkbox in blender, will make crash

I'm saving the construct project on the separated layout, without any 3Dobjects now.

it allows me to change the model after reopening the project if I have "wrong" model

Because if to save the file with the 3Dobject on the screen, you have a big chance to lost your project if the imported model is wrong

• I see, I'll work on making the error detection more robust and will probably throw up an alert box at least when the editor is running.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)