3D billboard alpha clipping

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Hi all,

The 3D in C3 has been magic so far, but I’ve run into issues with using 3D objects as billboards. The alpha area of a sprite projected onto a 3D face often blocks other 3D object faces from rendering when they clip… I was wondering if there was a planned update that would fix this?

For the most part I’ve managed to figure out simple work arounds, like putting opaque 3D objects on different layers or Z-sorting alpha billboards on the same layer; but I’m having trouble with alpha billboards that have different Z heights, particularly these bouncing coins that tween up and down on the Z axis. Any tips on how to deal with that?

Thanks

• See the section on transparency in the tutorial Using 3D in Construct (which I just updated to also cover 3D Camera). In short, see how the 'First-person shooter' template does it: a separate layer for billboards with a Camera distance draw order should do the job.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks so much, that works perfectly. The tutorial is great too, I appreciate the depth you guys go to with the documentation and I’m sorry to have overlooked it. ✌️

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)