A question about creating spriting tutorials

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • I don't have anything planned for right now but I would like to know if posting a tutorial on spriting alone with intent on using within Construct 2 would qualify for a valid tutorial post in the tutorial section.

I know there is a 'Graphics' category but the tutorials won't cover usage of construct itself beyond importing the graphics into the application...

I would like to know as I would like to create such tutorials after I get done with what I am working on.

Kind Regards

Patrick

• Hi Patrick,

I reckon it would be a great deal of interest to many folk, and a lot more relevant than many of the tutorials I've seen of late. Since without sprites our games would be rather empty looking, I think its still very relevant to Construct 2 (and you did a great job with that soldier sprite you made for Daniel).

There are already many tutorials on Theory which have nothing to do with c2 directly, so one on sprite creation shouldn't cause any problems.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

• Hi Patrick,

I reckon it would be a great deal of interest to many folk, and a lot more relevant than many of the tutorials I've seen of late. Since without sprites our games would be rather empty looking, I think its still very relevant to Construct 2 (and you did a great job with that soldier sprite you made for Daniel).

There are already many tutorials on Theory which have nothing to do with c2 directly, so one on sprite creation shouldn't cause any problems.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

OK, thanks. I was thinking the same thing but I wanted to check first...

Chances are I will plan something out and write a tutorial up soon enough, but not quite just yet. I have a few things to finish up first.

Thank you for the compliments

• Patrick
  • Hi Patriick,

I think it's a fantastic idea to post some image creation tutorials.

Many different people use C2, some start off as artists and learn to program, whilst others start as programmers and learn to draw.

The C2 site has plenty of tutorials to help users with program development. It'd be nice to see a few tutorials which could help some of the more artistically challenged amongst us (I'd certainly be one of the first to sign up)!

Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open for some interesting tuts :)

• Hi Patriick,

I think it's a fantastic idea to post some image creation tutorials.

Many different people use C2, some start off as artists and learn to program, whilst others start as programmers and learn to draw.

The C2 site has plenty of tutorials to help users with program development. It'd be nice to see a few tutorials which could help some of the more artistically challenged amongst us (I'd certainly be one of the first to sign up)!

Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open for some interesting tuts :)

It certainly is good to know that there is some desire for this sort of thing here =]

• Patriick

Hi, I too think its a great idea.. and something I would love to learn

I look forward to it..

thank you

• I would also appreciate such a tutorial. As an IT Teacher I suffer from mostly using coloured blocks :)

We use Paint.NET and have covered creating sprites with layers for outline, colour, shading, glow and detail, but I simply don't have the artistic talent to do amazing sprites :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mrhoefer: Patriick has released a first part available in the tutorials part of the website.

• Thank you!

I checked them out but found them too advanced and too much for an "art subject" to be used in my computing classes. The installation of plugins is also time consuming on a school network.

• Thank you!

I checked them out but found them too advanced and too much for an "art subject" to be used in my computing classes. The installation of plugins is also time consuming on a school network.

The plugins are not a requirement, but more to help act as a guide, you can just as easily distribute the 'grid' that you create on your personal installation and the students will be able to follow along?

• Many different individuals use C2, some begin off as performers and understand to system, while others begin as developers and understand to sketch..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)