xicx Totally agree! The set amount is currently 40 and I'm thinking of reducing it. Instead of a number I'm thinking an "Almost there!" prompt. What do you reckon?
Lots planned, I write up the majority of the development plans here and use these threads for actual releases.
- Valuable but weaker scrap pickups. I already have everything g in place for these.
- Circular saw blades, moving and static. There is a reason scrap farmers are missing limbs.
- Super magnets: magnetic power up that increases ScrapBots magnetic pull until it is depleted or the
magnet is toggled.
- Magnetic health pickups. Drop them off at a scrap collector to repair. They’re going to become an
essential mechanic as the levels get more dangerous.
- Magnetic bombs. Release your magnet to drop them onto enemies.
- Magnetic turrets. These would use adjacent scrap as ammo! I also have an idea to have NPC’a with metal
parts and weapons. I just need to decide if I should go none combat or not.
- Static turrets that use specific ammo with a drop-off mechanic similar to the scrap collectors. Might
give some levels a tower defence feel.
- Magnetic lanterns. I have the systems in place for these. I have an idea to use them with an enemy
that is scared away by the light from them.
- Enemies that are scared of light.
- Enemies that have their own magnet and can try drag you to danger.
- Enemies with guns.
- Simple bash enemies.
- EMP enemies that can disable your magnet.
- EMP Fields where your magnet is unusable.
- Moving platforms, not dangerous to the player but will make it harder to move breakable scrap.
- Magnetic steel blocks for blocking enemy advances. I already have the systems in place for this.
That said, I should note that I'm going through the slow process of changing the games main tileset! Left the game a little broken but I think it's well worth it. I've not been a fan of the old one for some time but haven't been able to come close to anything better until now.