Silly Jump (one touch precision platformer)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This Silly Comedy Music Pack features 5 different moods of quirky and funny music tracks!
  • Check out Silly Jump, it is a challenging precision platformer with simple one touch/one key controls that I have been working on for the past weeks. The objective in each level is to collect all coins to unlock the wormhole that leads to the next level.

There are 50 levels in total, have fun and tell me what you think of it!

Version 1.1 release notes:

• 10 new and challenging levels, now there are 50 levels in total
    • New and better level selection screen
    • Better difficulty balancing
    • Platforms no longer behave like solid walls, which makes some jumps less frustrating
    • Rebalanced mechanics to give a better platforming experience
    • Better character animations
    • Minor bugfixes
    • Scirra Arcade leaderboard for number of completed levels

• Played a little bit and I liked it.

The transitions to one level to other is very good.

• Nice game. Very good for its kind

• It's very addictive!

The controls is simple but the levels are fun.

• The music track is Joyful by MattOglesby, check out his items on the scirra store. While making this game, I learned a lot by reading the code of Panda Love by bilgekaan, check out his templates on the Scirra store.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Gratz, how long you finish the game?

Cheers.

• Gratz, how long you finish the game?

Cheers.

I've made it in about three weeks, the level design was the most time consuming process, especially the last levels.

I already had the character animations from my adventurer and platformer character series, check them out on the scirra store.

The backgrounds are animated using my Parallax Backgrounds Plugin for Construct 2.

So a lot of work was already done before starting the game, thus I spent most of the development time designing and testing the levels.

• Wow you are a real proffesional, i wanna be like you. I just started, 1 game uploaded only. (hit me)

Can u tell me any tip?

Thx.

Cheers.

• Wow you are a real proffesional, i wanna be like you. I just started, 1 game uploaded only. (hit me)

Can u tell me any tip?

Thx.

Cheers.

Keep making stuff, I logged more than 2000 hours on the steam version of construct 2 over the last couple of years and I'm still a long way from being a great game developer. You can read more tips on my blog at http://www.gameplaypassion.com

I'm still improving and I too look at better developers and want to be like them. However, I can at least tell you some tips on how to get from a beginner level to where I am at right now :

• Master your tools, you need to know Construct 2 like the back of your own hand. Use tutorials, read the manual, read capx made by top developers (you can purchase those on the scirra store or get them with a tutorial)
    • Read about game design and the process of how developers go from a simple idea to a playable demo
    • Make a lot of little games and prototypes
    • Try to implement the mechanics you see in the games you love playing
    • Be stupid and believe your first game will be a huge world-wide success...
    • ... Make your first game and realize how complex the market is, and how much you don't understand it, which will lead you to learn about marketing, selling, polishing, better game and level design... etc
    • Think about giving up over and over again, but realize that you love making games
    • Separate your work from yourself, you can be a great human being and still make aweful games or vice-versa. Try to be objective about why your game is good and why it is bad, learn your lessons, then start over
    • Read other developers' blogs, post mortems, and gamasutra articles, see how other people handle the challenges of their game project
    • Don't reinvent the wheel, if you use Construct your are already applying this principle, but you can still waste time trying to implement something that has already been done in an addon or a template. Spend some time in the forums and the store to learn about what's available
    • Reinvent the wheel from time to time just to have fun and learn new things
    • Develop a love relationship with math, geometry, programming, software design and engineering, UML, and physics, these skills will be invaluable when making a professional looking game the easy way
    • Spend 10% of your time reading, and 90% of it actually working on something.
  • Wow man, thx a lot. very helpfull.

• Played a little bit and I liked it.

The transitions to one level to other is very good.

Thank you for noticing that

mrnannings thanks

It's very addictive!

The controls is simple but the levels are fun.

Thanks ^^

Wow man, thx a lot. very helpfull.

Sure, good luck.

• > Wow you are a real proffesional, i wanna be like you. I just started, 1 game uploaded only. (hit me)

> Can u tell me any tip?

> Thx.

> Cheers.

>

Keep making stuff, I logged more than 2000 hours on the steam version of construct 2 over the last couple of years and I'm still a long way from being a great game developer. You can read more tips on my blog at http://www.gameplaypassion.com

I'm still improving and I too look at better developers and want to be like them. However, I can at least tell you some tips on how to get from a beginner level to where I am at right now :

• Master your tools, you need to know Construct 2 like the back of your own hand. Use tutorials, read the manual, read capx made by top developers (you can purchase those on the scirra store or get them with a tutorial)
    • Read about game design and the process of how developers go from a simple idea to a playable demo
    • Make a lot of little games and prototypes
    • Try to implement the mechanics you see in the games you love playing
    • Be stupid and believe your first game will be a huge world-wide success...
    • ... Make your first game and realize how complex the market is, and how much you don't understand it, which will lead you to learn about marketing, selling, polishing, better game and level design... etc
    • Think about giving up over and over again, but realize that you love making games
    • Separate your work from yourself, you can be a great human being and still make aweful games or vice-versa. Try to be objective about why your game is good and why it is bad, learn your lessons, then start over
    • Read other developers' blogs, post mortems, and gamasutra articles, see how other people handle the challenges of their game project
    • Don't reinvent the wheel, if you use Construct your are already applying this principle, but you can still waste time trying to implement something that has already been done in an addon or a template. Spend some time in the forums and the store to learn about what's available
    • Reinvent the wheel from time to time just to have fun and learn new things
    • Develop a love relationship with math, geometry, programming, software design and engineering, UML, and physics, these skills will be invaluable when making a professional looking game the easy way
    • Spend 10% of your time reading, and 90% of it actually working on something.

great post! thanks!

• Just updated the game to version 1.1, check it out.

Version 1.1 release notes:

• 10 new and challenging levels, now there are 50 levels in total
    • New and better level selection screen
    • Better difficulty balancing
    • Platforms no longer behave like solid walls, which makes some jumps less frustrating
    • Rebalanced mechanics to give a better platforming experience
    • Better character animations
    • Minor bugfixes
    • Scirra Arcade leaderboard for number of completed levels
  • I can not beat level 47.. Can not climb the jump thru platform after the 2 hills.

• I can not beat level 47.. Can not climb the jump thru platform after the 2 hills.

Thanks for playing, wow you're very close to finishing it.

If you are referring to the sand platform at the far right of the level, the trick is to only use it when getting back. Try to jump way over it so you don't touch it, then, step on it when getting back to the left-side of the level.

I hope it helps, I'll post a complete walk-through video soon. The last levels are the most difficult, but once you understand how it works, you can defeat them easily.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)