Mode7 via webgl and javascript

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Here's a test to use custom webgl to do mode7 perspective on a texture.

* It's free to use.

* Doesn't use the mode7.fx. It's less fiddly.

* let's you position objects on the ground.

* Doesn't work with minifier.

Look at capx for more usage notes.

dropbox.com/s/8nqw4dy6z2elaa5/mode7js.capx

• Awesome! Thanks Rojo!

btw any idea, what game can we build with this feature? I've think any of it since it would need a more details.

• It didn't worked for me cause I'm using a Completely diferent way on how to executed mode7 with 'construct 2'I'm going to try to upload a simple demo capx on this week with Rey's plugins's so you can see for yourself the thing I'm just missing with the Mode7. Thank you Rojohound !!!

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/mode7-npc-main-player-155229

• A second example. Arrow keys to drive. Do a lap to see a ghost of the previous lap.

dropbox.com/s/635epvwa6yl3oh6/mode7js2.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Rojo I just open up the capx and I wonder how to make coallitions with your Java script code. Nice work !! but still I can't get this Java scripts to work on my project ,, I'm so sad ,, Thank you Rojohound you are a great Person !!!

• A second example. Arrow keys to drive. Do a lap to see a ghost of the previous lap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/635epvwa6yl3oh6/mode7js2.capx?dl=1

Hello I found your example and it is what I need but I found its very UID specific if ground UID is not 0 then JS doesn't work. Is it possible to somehow not be that specific because I don't wanna rewrite entire project from scratch.

• To use a different uid. Change the parameter for the overrideDrawGl function.

Thanks it now works.

Hello again. After turning "Walls" in my project floors turns weirdly, fitting location is fine its just how wonky they turn.

Here how it looks

On left it looks fine and normal but on right it gets all weird like it turns too much. So where problem lies it's in Mode7 or Wall engine.

• The math in the shader is probably off somehow. Or vise versa. The shader adds an extra step that I probably didn’t test too well. It should be working for 640x480 but I haven’t messed with it since.

• The math in the shader is probably off somehow. Or vise versa. The shader adds an extra step that I probably didn’t test too well. It should be working for 640x480 but I haven’t messed with it since.

I could drop my project file, if you don't mind?

• Fiddled with the math and cleaned it up a bit. Should be more correct now. Handles the screen aspect ratio, removed jquery dependency, and fixed the fov to use correct values.

dropbox.com/s/lm18u6bxn49note/mode7js3.capx

I probably should remove the previous examples.

MasterQuest

This capx does the positioning math with the projectionpoint function. If you're asking about the original effect then the math would be similar but not the same. I won't be finding the math for the original effect because I found it broken. I made this instead.

You can see if the update works better for you. I'm not sure if how it was before was causing the issue. I don't have a lot of time to debug what's amiss in other projects currently.

• Fiddled with the math and cleaned it up a bit. Should be more correct now. Handles the screen aspect ratio, removed jquery dependency, and fixed the fov to use correct values.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm18u6bxn49note/mode7js3.capx?dl=1

I probably should remove the previous examples.

MasterQuest

This capx does the positioning math with the projectionpoint function. If you're asking about the original effect then the math would be similar but not the same. I won't be finding the math for the original effect because I found it broken. I made this instead.

You can see if the update works better for you. I'm not sure if how it was before was causing the issue. I don't have a lot of time to debug what's amiss in other projects currently.

Thanks it works way better a bit janky in distance but I'll mess with events to compensate on that. Thanks again.

• Here's a Pic Example of what I'm really looking for to execute exactly on the Mode7

Thank you RojoHound for the time you had giving to us.

• Hey Rojo I just accomplished the Mode7 look at my Video Project with Mode7 in action >>

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Let me know what do you think mate !!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)