Mode7 via webgl and javascript

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hello I have question about angle of camera. Is it possible to rotate grounds rendering like if you tilt camera on one side or other. Here is what I'am asking about:

As you see skybox and walls rotated fine using Layer rotation but where is mode7 layer just ignores. So it's somewhat limitation of your script or there is way to make render tilt camera.

Thanks in advance.

• The code only does the one rotation. You’d have to add code to rotate a tilt.

• Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Subscribe to Construct videos now

Something similar but without tilting HUD just single layer of mode7. Kinda found workaround using Layer Effects but it makes texture shrink down and road becomes width of car.

On left it's camera tilted at 45 degree angle and road looks thin

On right camera is 0 and road looks fine.

• There's no other way around for that or that I know with mode7, I just expand the sprites with Mode7 more wide to make it look kind of perfect, There's a limit for that my friend and at certain point of degree of angles it will show the background I mean you can see the ending point of the Mode7 Sprites.

I tried to do the same with each single layer, but it took many way more events and actions to achieve this that at the end it didn't work the way I wanted and I end up making it with the whole Layout instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's no other way around for that or that I know with mode7, I just expand the sprites with Mode7 more wide to make it look kind of perfect, There's a limit for that my friend and at certain point of degree of angles it will show the background I mean you can see the ending point of the Mode7 Sprites.

I tried to do the same with each single layer, but it took many way more events and actions to achieve this that at the end it didn't work the way I wanted and I end up making it with the whole Layout instead.

I looked at R0J0hound example and it looks just changing sprites frame will do the trick might not be perfect but might be enough for fancy background.

• Heyyyy Rojo !!! a big question for you my friend !! How do SPLIT SCREEN in MODE 7 !!?? I did in a way But I would like to know how can you do it with your own Capx >> construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/your-construct-creations-23/mode7-via-webgl-javascript-155359

Thank you and I'll appreciate an answer.

• The example, the effect and construct in general aren’t made for split screen.

Typical solutions for split screen would be two games that communicate to each other somehow, or drawing to a paster object. Although I suspect neither would work well.

The third option would be to start from scratch. But at that point construct just gets in the way.

I don’t have much time to make examples lately.

Cheers

• I just did it with Mode7 but the only thing that I have to fix at this moment its to put the biggest sprite more smallers so that they don't get in the way of each screen,,

and by the way the paster plugin does not work at all !!! because it draws a lot from the CPU power.

• A big question to all of you !!! Why since the begining everybody its so negative about Mode7 in a way that they were saying that it was imposible to achieved But look at me !!! I just achieved Mode7 using HTML>> I am the first on to achieved MODE7 by using this almost imposible engine.

youtube.com/watch

Subscribe to Construct videos now

CHEERS MY FRIENDS !!!! and don't quit !!! cause quiters are LOSERS !!!

• Glad you’re having fun with it. My interest with mode7 sailed a while ago unfortunately.

Being slow and not working are different things. Paster was made to fill a gap missing in construct’s feature set and performed well enough for my purposes. I have no other solutions for split screen.

• Not having fun at all !! Cause all of this its about hard work !!!

day by day hard work !!!

Thanks for all the help that you have made !!

paster its a good pluging but no for Splitscreen.

I think I'm going by myself then !! like always !!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)