<center><img src="http://24.media.tumblr.com/3d7bc2352a5040a40d61708c0b568d34/tumblr_msrzaepjv01shqmdyo1_500.png" border="0"></center>
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums, I think that I had an account a very long time ago but I have since lost the info and the e-mail I used to use, so here I am and this is my first post :P
I recently worked with two friends on a small game for Ludum Dare, the two friends are: Joshua Boomhower, Evan Leider (and myself Patrick Griffiths) it was a rushed game that we ended up spending around 20-24hrs on, due to the time difference... We have decided to take the game further and add more content, more of the story which we were unable to add in the Ludum Dare build. We want to add more character and humour to the game well, there is not much humour in the game if any currently, but it's something we will be working on!
A little brief of the story:
There is an Evil corporation that is about to begin mass producing robots that they intend to use to take over the world. They've secretly built tons of facilities all around the planet in many locations to ensure their victory. To combat this the government has put together a team of the best scientists and tasked them with building a robot that could aid them in their mission to save the world. The robot that they initially create is the first of the X series Espionage bots... Considered to be a failure... Whilst the scientists put through for the destruction of our little hero, his A.I kicks in after being slammed down in the storage room, he escapes the compound to begin his mission, half cocked and on his way our player will have to help guide our little bot to success or face the worlds population being dominated by an evil corporation. Our little hero's goal is to obtain and destroy the memory chip containing the schematics for the evil bots. (the story will be updated with much more detail and such later down the line but this should give you a rough idea of what's going on in the game=])
Just to keep the post tidy I will link to them for now, until i can make more forum friendly versions of them =]
(Currently being worked on =])
Here is our Tumblr for now
Here is the Ludum Dare page too
What We Have Planned:
- Well first off, we would like to involve the story in the game a lot more from the get go, with the Ludum Dare we just couldn't incorporate it into the game properly at all, we simply didn't have the time, but... Now we do!!
- We want to add some humour and life to the main character, although he is a robot who's to say his AI cannot simulate emotions and show off his 'glowing personality' lol
- We will be adding many more puzzles and gameplay elements to the game but also gradually introducing the player to them, with this current web build you kind of get thrown into a level with all of the mechanics we created and unless you go over the tutorial level you will not have a clue. We will be incorporating the tutorial into the introduction to the game via a cutscene and limited gameplay as the character is introduced to his mission and the game world.
- Along with more puzzles we have a good few AI planned too!!
- The graphics are going to be completely recreated from the ground up, and you will see in the introductory level how and why our player has a wheel instead of his two legs...
- We're currently using Construct 2 for the game and we used that for the Ludum Dare but Josh is currently going over some Unity related stuff so that he can get acquainted with that engine, and once the new native 2D tools are released in this next Unity update we will be making the switch over to that, but until then we will continue prototyping the game within Construct 2.
Credits so far:
<font color="red">Small Updates:</font>
Here is a preview of the current graphical updates so far, now that I have the time to increase the detail and such I will! I know they're not perfect and they actually need a fair amount of cleaning up but these are a work in progress and also just a preview :D
<img src="http://i.imgur.com/KY4qf2C.png" border="0">
Well, I hope that you've enjoyed checking this Devlog out so far, I promise to bring more updates as often and as fast as I can... At least, as fast as life will allow :P (I know many of you should get that:P)