[WIP] A Better Way to Create Complex Lighting

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Wow... This really looks beautiful. It would be so nice to actually know how to do this. looking forward to it... there has been any advance?.

• Wow... This really looks beautiful. It would be so nice to actually know how to do this. looking forward to it... there has been any advance?.

Ashley fixed a bug with canvas resizing affecting collision cells in a recent beta (I don't remember this being mentioned in the beta, but it's working now when it wasn't before) so I've been playing with it a little bit. It won't work in C3, at least until if/when Paster gets ported, and I doubt I'll dig too deeply into adding the features I'd originally planned before C3's worked through the issues that are popping up in public testing.

• I'm really interested in this. Upon release, will it be free to use in commercial projects? Plan to put in the Scirra store?

• digitalsoapbox

It's awesome. I'm sure it's the best way to make shadows even now. When are you planning to publish it?

• digitalsoapbox

Wow I'm impressed awesome work. I would love to use this kind of lighting for my Goatsukah game. I would have to do a lot of photoshop and compositting otherwise. (which I've had to do and stopped for now). Have you tried it on a smartphne or tablet? is it running this good there too?

• holy crap, amazing!

• Well, I guess this post is gonna keep popping up so I'll respond:

Chances are this won't be released, and if it is, it won't be any time soon. There's some annoying limitations with how it had to be handled because of how C2 works. And with C3 not yet supporting rendering plugins, and an already-announced runtime rewrite, it's not really worth the time or effort to push towards something that would be usable by others without my having to provide a lot of tech support, which I'm not interested in doing.

If you want to achieve the kind of effect I've created here, your best bet in terms of accomplishing it quickly and easily is to use Unity, which unlike Construct has lighting features that aren't terrible and are geared towards actual use in games right out of the box, as well as the required texture rendering features that in Construct depend on 3rd-party plugins, despite it being a very useful feature to accomplish all kinds of visual effects in just about every other popular game engine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • digitalsoapbox

Hello! I've almost finished my pixel game on which I spend almost a year. I did not complete only one thing yet - lighting. Without any lighting, the picture looks so boring and I wanted to know if there are any chances in nearest time to get some information/.capx how to make similar lighting. I know it's raw now, but at least it won't be worse if you share us the detailed way to create this lighting.

Thanks!

• digitalsoapbox

Any news on tis?

by the way... link to test is not working

• digitalsoapbox

Any news on tis?

by the way... link to test is not working

Don't count on any news. This is dead due to inherent limitations in C2 that have not been corrected in C3 and likely won't be any time soon, if ever.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)