Umpteem Worlds (Working Title) - Devlog (image heavy)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Powerful, aggressive, dynamic, heavy, action music tracks. 8 different tracks (+loops).
  • Hi everyone,

I would like to present to you my working Title Umpteem Worlds.

It will be a retro 2D platforming game inspired by the likes of Mario and Donkey Kong. In which you platform your way trough levels and progress in them by completing puzzles (as in hitting a switch to unlock a door etc.)

At the moment I don't have much art to show you guys yet because I am creating the gameplay systems first.

Synopsis:

You play as the guy (who currently does not have a name yet) that is on his way to the gym when suddenly a portal appears in front of him and a strange man comes out of it. After some chit-chat the man get's pulled back in and takes the guy with him by accident.

The guy has to make his way back to his own world by saving the strange man and defeating the evil world traveling overlord.

Features:

Transform:

The main feature of the game is a transformer that allows the guy to transform into different forms. In his world he is a young athletic male that can defy gravity by double jumping and is very good at rolling around. In the robot world he is a small robot that can shoot cannon balls. There will be several different forms which all have unique pros and cons. Once unlocked you will be able to freely switch between forms at a transformer built and scattered around by the strange man.

Multiple worlds:

The game will feature several different worlds each with their own unique features. For example we have our world, which is not that exiting but there also is a robot worlds ruled by robots and water worlds where you'd better be able to hold your breath for a long time.

Just play:

No micro transactions, no online, just play! The game will be available on the web and on smartphones. No online connectivity needed, no microtransactions for more lives, no facebook integration for sharing results. Just install the game and play, just like the good old days.

Milestones:

Main character movement - Done!

Touchscreen controls - Done!

Transform system - Done!

Basic enemy ai - Done!

Health system - Done!

Lives system

Dialogue system

Level select system

Advanced enemy ai

Level progression

Saving/loading

Art

Sounds

Testing phase

Release

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This post will continue to be updated with the latest news

Wed Nov 04, 2015:

Today I have been busy changing the main characters sprite. The main change is that his beanie is now more distinct and I have decided to only use the colors from the NES color-palette: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NES_palette.png).

I have also made events for some more enemy types such as a flying enemy and a turret. Tomorrow I am going to try and make some platforms that will raise or fall when the player stands on them and maybe get some more artwork done.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 :

Here is a gif showing some animations I have for the default and robot form. The art assets as they are right now are nowhere near completion but I find it better to create the systems with some sort of animation already in place. In the demo level (the level I am creating to test all the systems) you can use the robot form to get rid of the enemy on the upper platform then switch back to default form and continue).

• The movement of the protagonist reminds me of Megaman actually =D Especially the jumping part. Animation looks good an coherent so far.

A question. The transforming will be available only at those "wardrobes" throughout the game?

• Yes, transforming will only be able at the "transformers". There is no animation for that yet.

I am hoping to be able to show more this or next week.

• Cool, looking forward to that! Happy working

• I have updated the second post with news from today! I have decided to only use the colors from the NES color-palette and have worked on the main characters sprite and also made events for some more enemy types such as a flying enemy and a turret. Tomorrow I am going to try and make some platforms that will raise or fall when the player stands on them and maybe get some more artwork done.

• The art and mechanics are looking very nice my friend.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)