StuffGEN - object maker, made with C2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Turn your photos from your phone or home computer into a jigsaw puzzle
  • Somebody

Burvey

For me, being able to use ctrl-c ctrl-v etc is a gift.

especialy when switching applications allot it keeps my basic workflow streamlined.

Instead of needing to think, "why isnt stuffgen copy & pasting?" When pressing the ctrl combo.

Im all for progress, but as game developers fast multitasking is key, which means basic key layout the same across applications is a gift rather than a wall to bump into.

• Savvy001 yep, I completely agree with you, and since I have found out that control D duplicates things have been a breeze in that regard.

• I've been working on trying to make some pseudo 3d boxes/cubes etc. Having a rhombus or parallelogram shape and a trapezoid shape would do wonders! I tried making them with the triangles but they just wont match up correctly. I was able to come up with an open treasure chest that I think is pretty darn cool though.

[attachment=2:1u1b21b9][/attachment:1u1b21b9]

[attachment=1:1u1b21b9][/attachment:1u1b21b9]

Also, Somebody You may already know this as well but I came across another bug. Opacity levels aren't being exported with the png files.

• Level 999 of creativity lol. Really nice.

You could create a mobile game using this approach. Would be amazing.

• Wow, very cool. This makes it much easier to create something.

-Gleison

• Why you have no mirror-function? Good idea, but not really useful. 3D Coat spaceship with primitives library: m.youtube.com/watch

• There is a mirror function. Just press the M button. It's a very useful program, you just need to learn how to use it correctly.

• I didn't wanna learn this program. I saw these sprites and watched both videos, but i didn't know the shortcuts. I prefer to create things from scratch in 3D. I guess working with inscape (2D) is fast enough and more flexible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I didn't wanna learn this program. I saw these sprites and watched both videos, but i didn't know the shortcuts. I prefer to create things from scratch in 3D. I guess working with inscape (2D) is fast enough and more flexible.

It's obviously up to you and no-one's being forced to use it. Besides it's an early work in progress.

But as for speed I don't think it will be beat - you can make something like this in minutes:

And then change things around in a flash, whereas doing it in 3D would still take a while.

• Somebody

What about 2 layers? One layer is for mirror and the other is for normal mode. People can choose between both which should be active. Depending on which layer people drag the sprites on, these are automatecly mirrored or not but it should be possible to move sprite(s) between both layers. Changes on mirror layer should be change immediately on the mirrored side.

You didn't watch my 3D coat link? It should be possible to do something similar in few minutes in higher quality.

I don't like to work with primitives (parts) from other. Everyone could have the same parts.

Now i have a reason to try out 3D Coat (commercial), i bought it but until now i didn't use it.

• For each of us its all about personal preference.

Ofcourse there are way more advanced graphics programs out there.

From what i see, this object maker is not trying to replace them, just presenting a alternative to the great already out there.

Quote: "Good idea, but not really useful"

To the StuffGen users this object maker is very usefull.

I'm glad u find your graphic needs somewhere else, because the end result is your epic game!

And thats what counts.

For me, StuffGen is a blessing, and thats why i check this forum each day on its progress.

• Somebody

What about 2 layers? One layer is for mirror and the other is for normal mode. People can choose between both which should be active. Depending on which layer people drag the sprites on, these are automatecly mirrored or not but it should be possible to move sprite(s) between both layers. Changes on mirror layer should be change immediately on the mirrored side.

You didn't watch my 3D coat link? It should be possible to do something similar in few minutes in higher quality.

I'm aware of how mirror modifiers work in 3D programs, but it might be too complex for a simple system like this. Which is why this simple mirror command was implemented:

I don't like to work with primitives (parts) from other. Everyone could have the same parts.

Now i have a reason to try out 3D Coat (commercial), i bought it but until now i didn't use it.

3D coat looks great, especially the hard edged part creation, but it does cost a good deal of money and either way you won't get the speed from idea to sprite you get here.

For me, StuffGen is a blessing, and thats why i check this forum each day on its progress.

Glad to hear that, more stuff (you probably noticed the new parts) (and fixes) are on their way.

• Somebody

Try a work around for mirror mode, not perfect but i hope you can solve it with my help.

Every sprite which is in this program you have to mirror and save it in a mirror library and syncronize it with the original one.

Orgin point is not in the mirror (One black point you can see on this follow picture).

Its like set rotation, position and size (everything mirror from the middle). I guess you could reach these with C2.

Two layers one is above and overlap the other one (half side), so you can get a "perfect mirror"

[attachment=0:20kebhzm][/attachment:20kebhzm]

• Status update:

I have been working on another save-breaking feature - context-sensitive manipulations - which, simply put, is origin points that make sense. Even I, as the maker of the thing, was getting confused which way mirrored things should scale, etc. So now filled things have a center origin, half things have a top origin and corner things will remain corner originated:

This gives way more freedom in combining shapes as well is just plain more sensible and easier to do.

I have also implemented the aforementioned ability to load a background image. But since a system to manipulate everything on the screen (UI, whatever) is being built that's not published yet.

This should also tie in with some more decent upgrades to speed and such which should also fix the cursed Ctrl bug. Hue issues also hopefully fixed with a rough workaround.

Also you may notice new part designs - all done in 3D for proper shading and such. I hope to finally finish the first full part set with the next big version. Stay tuned.

• What is about mirror parts with C2 function (animation mirror)? parts are created in 3D? How difficult is it for you to update these when you work with stuffgen?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)