Stolfenwein 3-D - RayCast Engine for Construct2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • Check weltenschmid's fix on the mouselock behavior:

> Aw crap, can it be that posts randomly get deleted? Just posted the solution and a minute later the post was nowhere to see... might be that it suddenly may appear again. My post count is on two but the search just shows one?!? Schräg!

>

> Okay, got the quick fix. Just saw that they realized it as well in the MouseLock forum section and are working on an update. For us it's simple: Go to the the Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\MouseLock_Ver_0.5 Folder open runtime.js and at line 440 comment or delete the following lines:

>

>

document.pointerLockElement =	/*document.pointerLockElement 	||
    > 										//commenting out the above line makes this work as intended. Don't know why.
    > 										document["mozPointerLockElement"]	||
    > 										document["webkitPointerLockElement"];[/code:u8ds4d4m]
    > That does the trick! If you feel like tidying up you can set the MouseLock Object's property to single click and remove the left click event. 
    > 
    > By the way, the RealDanyyy used the situation to his best and promoted his MouseLock plugin: [url]https://www.scirra.com/forum/new-simple-native-like-mouselocking-plugin_t199484[/url]
    > Might be of interest to you?
    > 
    > So now I feel like tinkering! Cheers! 
    > 
    > -------
    > 
    > Update: Didn't knew if it was me or was it just an illusion that you had hitting scenes in your screen shoots I thought. So I sought for the source of the missing hit. Don't know why you are setting the bullet's targets at the start of the layout and not at their creation time, but after changing it, the striking and shooting works again! Woot! 
    > 
    > [img="https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kdg_N1ENIgg/WrAkYdj7C-I/AAAAAAAACFE/YlXo_Dj9qWEbu4bI-Nww5okTrjwPB-LzACLcBGAs/s640/bulletOnCreated.jpg"]

yeah i fixed the error but a newer capx would be awesome, would even pay for v0.5 ! since the raycast template in the store is absolute not worth it. this one works much better but its kinda useless to me without even damage to enemies ..

• > imgur.com/a/ofwBY7b

>

> getting this error in latest c2 version on testing.

>

> also shooting and axe slashing wont deal any damage to enemies. is that normal ?

Hi, You get error due somewhat broken mouse or look behavior I have this one too and developer maybe fix it sometime later when he is going to port engine to C2. Right now I think this example is just to make stuff render in Wolf 3D manner. Engine is still early in development. So I think you could just use it for rendering walls and objects while the rest you could make yourself like I did. I hope this answers your questions.

i am not quite good with this topic, i know C2 quite well for platformers and stuff but thats new..

would you mind sharing your updated version ?

• > > imgur.com/a/ofwBY7b

> >

> > getting this error in latest c2 version on testing.

> >

> > also shooting and axe slashing wont deal any damage to enemies. is that normal ?

>

> Hi, You get error due somewhat broken mouse or look behavior I have this one too and developer maybe fix it sometime later when he is going to port engine to C2. Right now I think this example is just to make stuff render in Wolf 3D manner. Engine is still early in development. So I think you could just use it for rendering walls and objects while the rest you could make yourself like I did. I hope this answers your questions.

i am not quite good with this topic, i know C2 quite well for platformers and stuff but thats new..

would you mind sharing your updated version ?

Can you share your capx?

Are you available at the Construct discord channel?

• Hello again,

I have question about rendering walls. While using debugger I found that engine creates wall blocks in places where player wouldn't even get like if wall is outside of boundaries it still creates blocks. All time there will be four wall block objects on single primitive object so after quick math my game has already over 2000 objects per layout. So question is simple, Is it possible to make wall blocks be only spawned at moment when "ray" hits object and only in place where it hits??? Something similar to original Wolf3D engine.

• Hello

I have question about wall textures. Applying them on walls they look mirrored. But its not the problem. Iam asking how they rendered. In project of mine there are a lot of buildings a.k.a. walls and each will have unique texture applied to them. All I want to know how they render because messing with example I couldn't get if its clock wise or not. Thanks in advance.

• Hello

I have question about wall textures. Applying them on walls they look mirrored. But its not the problem. Iam asking how they rendered. In project of mine there are a lot of buildings a.k.a. walls and each will have unique texture applied to them. All I want to know how they render because messing with example I couldn't get if its clock wise or not. Thanks in advance.

And Second question is it possible to make scale only certain distance from camera while further just use simple non-scalable sprites?

• Hello again,

I have question about rendering walls. While using debugger I found that engine creates wall blocks in places where player wouldn't even get like if wall is outside of boundaries it still creates blocks. All time there will be four wall block objects on single primitive object so after quick math my game has already over 2000 objects per layout. So question is simple, Is it possible to make wall blocks be only spawned at moment when "ray" hits object and only in place where it hits??? Something similar to original Wolf3D engine.

This version of the engine will spawn 4 wall segments per wall block, thus the high count.

The updated (yet unreleased) algorithm is based on tilemaps and non-rotable blocks, which is much faster, because there's only a few objects per layout to test against.

• Hello

The mirrored textures are related to some incorrect math with perpendicular wall blocks, basically it has to be offset from texture size - modulus or something like that.

• > Hello

>

> I have question about wall textures. Applying them on walls they look mirrored. But its not the problem. Iam asking how they rendered. In project of mine there are a lot of buildings a.k.a. walls and each will have unique texture applied to them. All I want to know how they render because messing with example I couldn't get if its clock wise or not. Thanks in advance.

And Second question is it possible to make scale only certain distance from camera while further just use simple non-scalable sprites?

Yes, you can exempt sprites from scaling. In order to do so, you can use conditional expresssions and e.g. add an instance variable "fixedscale" to the sprite.

Then do something like this:

Sprite: Set scale to (sprite.fixedscale = 0 ? "engine's sprite scale term" : sprite.fixedscale)

This will make the sprite scale accordingly to distance if fixedscale is equal 0, else, it will set the sprite scale to the fixedscale value (e.g. 1).

• Hello it's me again. I hope Iam not annoy you. So that wall magic. I have no clue whats wrong because I checked your example file and apparently I coped perfectly but still in distance texture applied fine then in middle it gets flipped so If you have some spare time to check my project I would be grateful.Thanks in advance.

Project:

mediafire.com/file/fprxg922wgd3hix/SomeGame.capx/file

• Hi, I can't see anything that is flipped? Do you mean the wall textures?

Yes. Textures somehow in distance look fine but then halfway trough it just flips. At least On RX570, Intel GMA 4500mhd, Intel HD 4400, Intel HD 5400, R7 360, GTX 1050Ti textures display like this.

Hello.

I have question about objects with angles. For example enemy when it moves away from you is it possible to tell engine to not show enemies front but back or if it moving to side show its side. I thought about formula "(Camera.Angle-Object.Angle)/22.5"(22.5 makes it work due object having 16 angles) and it works fine until sum turns negative and then stuff breaks. So there is formula or I need use Event "Within angle" and then set specific frame (this works but it makes too many events).

Thanks in Advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Colonel Justice Hi, what are your's plans for the project? I want to mess with the first person game in Construct.

Will you share your current updates? As a paid plugin, maybe?

• Colonel Justice Hi, what are your's plans for the project? I want to mess with the first person game in Construct.

Will you share your current updates? As a paid plugin, maybe?

I would even pay him 50 bucks for a basic template with this features but i doubt this will ever get released in any way. Its been so long without capx or stuff so i dont think this will ever happen .

I dont know why he just dont uploads this to github so others can contribute too and make this thing a great one for the community of raycasting games but well... another great thing rotting

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)