Post screenshots of what you're working on!!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • started this today. Imagine fast chiptune track in the background

• started this today. Imagine fast chiptune track in the background

Love this, getting some serious VVVVVV vibes!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> started this today. Imagine fast chiptune track in the background

>

Love this, getting some serious VVVVVV vibes!

Thank you !

i was already thinking if i should delete this project already ^^

• Updating some of the animations in Razzia

• eliasfrost - I've been pumped on what I've seen so far from Razzia - it has a real prince of persia / DOS-ish feel (with a more modern spin, of course).

• Updating some of the animations in Razzia

It reminds Blizzard classics, like that of a blonde guy with a shotgun.

• Recently implemented a hugging mechanic in our game, because why not.

Click image for better quality

purplemonkey This is looking really wonderful!

I peeped your dev log over at TIG and had a question: You mention not reusing art assets. Have you done any test exports with nw.js to see how it runs? Not doubting, just curious!

• purplemonkey This is looking really wonderful!

I peeped your dev log over at TIG and had a question: You mention not reusing art assets. Have you done any test exports with nw.js to see how it runs? Not doubting, just curious!

Thank you!

I answered a similar question on the Scirra forum back in April so I'll go ahead and quote my old self on this one. It's still working well like it did back in April, and we have tons of new assets, including a bunch of animations.

Layouts are about 10k and we're using multiple effects covering the whole screen at all times. In regards to animations, right now we've got 2 characters always on screen with about 35 animations each (and growing). Current estimated image memory is about 200-350mb per layout.

I have been trying to regularly optimize or at least not go overboard with different things but at the moment, this is all running in 1080p, 60fps on dedicated graphics and 40-50fps on my brothers Surface Pro 2, which has got an Intel HD4400 graphics card. I don't want to jinx anything but I'd say so far it seems possible.

If you'd like to see more about the game itself you can find info, screens and videos at http://yondergame.com/.

The videos do not show a whole 10k layout, since it's displayed in 1080p it's about 5-6 screen widths per layout.

We are most definitely not just throwing in 10k width images in the layouts. What we do is draw the whole layout using separate software and then output it split into smaller images. But we try to be aware as much as possible of where and what we can optimize. For example, the foreground in our game is mostly blurred and so the foreground images were saved in 50% size and then doubled in size ones placed in C2. So it is best to always be aware of the parts that really need to be sharp and the ones that aren't as important.

• purplemonkey

Looks cool, checking your devlog!

• test

• mudmask Thank you! I was always a little bummed out by how the pixel art movement forgot about DOS and early computer games. I was a PC child, played lots of Warcraft, Heroes 2, Might and Magic, adventure games etc. with Razzia I want to bring some of that back through the visuals. I'm glad you like it!

TELLES0808 Sweet, Blackthorne is one of my main inspirations for Razzia, great game.

• Demo soon

• This is a screenshot from my first game. I'm aiming for a Rastan saga kind of feel with vaguely megadrive/genesis style graphics. Well to be honest, I think Rastan with touches of castlevania and shadow of the beast as I aim to have more focus on story than Rastan or Volgarr the viking. The base character mechanics are in place, some enemies are mostly working but need refining. level design is comic along. The plan is for 4 areas, each with 3 levels and then a final level.

• Yeah the blood is from all the rampage

The game has no name yet but the theme is indiana jones style pyramid battles for kills or treasure.

2/3/4 player VS

• Kraudi Looks like tiny survivor.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)