5 Minute Dungeon [playable build]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 looping retro style music tracks for your indie games and projects
  • The theater bar transition seems kind of slow, maybe double the speed?

This is one of my favorite projects to watch. You're doing good, keep it up.

• I like the graphics very much. Simplistic but competent, definitely adding this to my watch list.

• AWESOME!

Can't wait to play the demo

• blekdar I increased the speed a bit, Thanks!

eliasfrost Thankyou!

jaroosz Thanks!, I'm working on a bossfight at the moment, when that's finished I can complete a quick demo build.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. I plan to let some fireballs drop from the ceiling, so the player can't just camp at certain places and actually has to move around and dodge those fireballs. And ofcourse the animations need a lot of work. I could really use some suggestions here.

I also added a slime enemy and I'm working on a cyclop enemy, so I can implement some enemy randomization in the dungeon rooms.

• I don't really know where I'm going with this. I plan to let some fireballs drop from the ceiling, so the player can't just camp at certain places and actually has to move around and dodge those fireballs. And of course the animations need a lot of work. I could really use some suggestions here.

Are those fireballs bullets? If so, why not just set their angle towards the player when they are created. Maybe also have one that moves fast and one that is slow to mix it up (possibly with an animation or sound that ques the player of what to expect).

• Looks brilliant so far, How long does it take you to finish the sprites?

• I can't wait to play this, definitely keeping an eye on it!

• DrewMelton Hey thanks! that's a pretty good idea. I'll probably change the phase when the bullets go in a straight line and make 1 go in a random direction and 1 towards the players and so on.

MtnHermit Thanks!

EXPFall Hey most of the sprites were done in about 10-30 minutes. I don't actually design them first. i'll just doodle around in MSpaint and keep editting the sprite every time. So this is what a session of about 30 minutes does, from left to right.

Playable Build:

I just uploaded a playable build, its the first playable build ever so it's missing a lot. Everything in the shop is free, so you can equip better gear from the start if you think the game is too hard. I added a StarWars inspired helmet and weapon for testing. The helmet gives you infinite health. The sword does 99 damage. Powerups don't work yet. Controls: Arrows keys to move around. Z - Jump. X - Attack/Action

http://www.indiedb.com/games/5-minute-d ... -alpha-100

• Any progress on this so far.

• I just played your alpha build and it was quite neat!

The graphics are just the cutest, in the best way possible.

There were a few little things that need some TLC, like your sword getting stuck if you land on the floor while swinging a weapon, the camera pushing you to the next room, but it was great fun for a quick build... and tough as nails, for sure.

• When will we see the game?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Loving the demo! As ryanrybot mentioned I think some aspects of the controls and animations could do with a bit of tightening up, but I'm sure you're aware of that already. Concept-wise it's awesome, I think you're onto something really special here and I can't wait to see more.

• Loved pixel art!

• I like pixel artwork. That look fun.

• Nice game. Goodluck.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)