Out of ideas.. Constructive Input Very Welcome! :)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/charlie-the-blind-watersnake-6043

I keep running out of ideas for months and months..

Constructive input [here] please!!

My aim is for the game to be a chill "stressing down" game, with some optional, actual game elements. (Walls & Poison levels)

(I know the zero is a bit off on the clock, but getting back in to how I set up that clock to begin with, is not a priority atm. )

• Maybe have him start small then grow bigger as he eats tadpoles. When he reaches a certain size he can progress to a new area. Maybe there is a treasure in each level and in order to collect it he needs to solve a puzzle of some sort with buttons or something. He might need to smack the button with his head once he's big enough to activate a button.

• I like that idea for a new level, or series of levels, based on that! Thinking of simple ways to implement it. And how exactly to set it up.

😊

Maybe skip the growth, and go for (eat X number of tadpoles within set time on level to wake the door keeper. Door keeper awakes, slow bossish guy you don't want to collide with. Have to nibble bits off him, or some sort of buttons as you suggested.

Thnx! You got the idea mill running again for me! 😄

• Continually updating the game while testing stuff.

Added new level (Challenge), added health, temp monster, basic mechanics, etc.

Very open to suggestions on progression.

Challenge level currently:

[quote:31etefez]Contents:

Snake

Monsters

Tadpoles

Monsters have hp.

Snake has hp.

[quote:31etefez]Mechanics:

• Biting monsters causes both monster and snake to lose hp.
    • Eating tadpoles increases snake hp..
    • Monsters can do damage no matter which bodypart on the snake it touches.
    • Snake can only do damage to the monster by biting it.

When the snake has 80% or less hp, it starts to bleed and the monsters eyes open.

Concidering making the monsters do less dmg to the snake when bitten while "Sleeping". (Snake on 90-100% hp.)

• Nice, keep going. Maybe when there's 'blood in the water' and the eyes open you could add a crimson filter or vignette to darken the mood. Maybe tentacles slowly grow out of the eyes to make it harder to solve the level the longer you take.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Change the movement style: larp each segment of the snake so it will be smoother. Larp also snake's head by small factor when pressing LMB.

You should use angle larp for all of those.

Game is not really relaxing because you have to click too much .

And i hi-scored. Got 100, didn't want more.

• Change the movement style: larp each segment of the snake so it will be smoother. Larp also snake's head by small factor when pressing LMB.

You should use angle larp for all of those.

Game is not really relaxing because you have to click too much .

And i hi-scored. Got 100, didn't want more.

Thnx, i'll def check out the lerp, smooth camera function, not seen that before now!!

I will not be making changes to the basic mechanics of the snake tho, since he is supposed to be unpredictable, and confused.

That will mostly just be an issue on the Walls level anyway, where his speed increases for every tadpole eaten.

Congratts on your 100 score!

• Nice, keep going. Maybe when there's 'blood in the water' and the eyes open you could add a crimson filter or vignette to darken the mood. Maybe tentacles slowly grow out of the eyes to make it harder to solve the level the longer you take.

You help my braintrain! ^_^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)