Yup, new bars are sweet. Nicely done.
As for your comment regarding the backend.. heck yes, games with a lot of UI always get really complex with coding. I commented about this at the start of your thread, I realize the amount of work is insane, because I've got a lot of UI in my latest game Star Nomad too.
Yeah, but I love the genre and tactics game is pretty much all about calculation and computation (flashy results preferred, of course).
I do admit I underestimate the amount of work required though thankfully all the work until now are just pretty much tedious work, not roadblocks.
Well, nearly finish the Gang Screen features with exception of the sorting feature.
Those need to wait until after Ludum Dare is over.
I will be participating in the event during the weekend so this is pretty much the final progress report for this week.
The controls for Gang Screen are online, the cycle stats works and some fixes for some of the arrangement.
As usual, gif to show demonstrate results
Don't ask why two "girls" and one guy share the same name. Please don't
I also decide to cap units at 30 for the overworld balance purpose as I realize too many units in the player gang makes assignments seem trivial and not strategic as I hoped since the player can spare so many units if I stick with 100 as the unit cap.
With the highest amount of unit the player can field into a battle is 12 (only at the last chapters and on special battles), 30 seems to be a nice number to ensure strategic planning is required in the overworld instead of mindless clicking.
I also probably need to set a reasonable price for new recruits to avoid padding but still allow the players to recruit fresh troops to supplement their tactics.
One of the idea is to go with exponential pricing where the more you recruit, the more each new member cost you.
Opinions regarding the unit cap are welcomed.