Gangster Tactics: Pile Them In

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Royalty FREE Music for your YOUTUBE / INDIE GAMES / OTHER PROJECTS
  • Oh yeah Pixel-Art as it´s finest!

• coollll buddie !!!!!

• Alright some more progress today.

I just finish the Controls UI for the game. Holy shit, that was harder than I thought

It is not complicated, just hell lot of work and thinking that goes into what buttons should what. In the end, I just copied Tactics Ogre schematics and then move on, believing that in the future, when all my features are set, I will have a better understanding how to ensure the players can use all the buttons with high efficiency.

To show progress: here’s some gifs:

1/3

2/3

3/3

The current control schematics:

No "rape" button? This is not my gangster game. Dropped hard. - a 4chan anonymous

I may need a "Everybody Walk the Dinosaur" button in the future. Maybe not

Do tell what changes you wanted to the current control schematics. I will see what I can do

• well will there be a keyboard version of this?

• well will there be a keyboard version of this?

Umm....

I like to think that you glance over this thread with bated excitement and skip a lot of boring texts

Which is why I implemented a Control UI where you can change the keyboard binding according to what you wanted.

• Alright! Another day gone and another day full of progress.

The setting UI is done.

Admittedly I went in doing it thinking it would be easy but that is so wrong on so many level.

Finally finish it though and implemented all the settings features that is on the first post of this thread, including in-game screen resolution changes and a better(I think ) scan lines shaders effect than the default one.

I also changed the quick button to cancel out of menu from gamepad's Y to the default B as indicated by my control schematics.

To show progress here are some gifs:

While the gifs may only show the web deployment, node webkit deployment also worked just as well, especially on screen resolution changes.

I actually feel pretty great about the last sentence.

• Today progress:

I just finish my Quit UI which is easy to do.

Actually, I also planned to finish my Save/Load UI today.

Only, half way through that, I realize I need to extract strings from the stat system to put in the save slots so the player can identify each slot easily.

So, the Save/Load UI workload is put after I finish the combat system.

With all the current UIs workload finish, I will concentrating on character creation.

• Do you also find UI is the most annoying to do?

I'm procrastinating in my own UI..

• Nice Grraphics! Sorry to ask, but did you just made the exit UI or you also programm it? I was asking because i dont know how to program the android buttons...I mean, if player is on first layout and touches the back button (from his smartphone) the exit UI should display, but how do i manage that action on construct2 (the action of touching smartphone back button)?

• Nice Grraphics! Sorry to ask, but did you just made the exit UI or you also programm it?

I made it myself. Thanks for your compliment!

I was asking because i dont know how to program the android buttons...I mean, if player is on first layout and touches the back button (from his smartphone) the exit UI should display, but how do i manage that action on construct2 (the action of touching smartphone back button)?

No idea on that. Try asking in the "how do I" section of the forum. I am sure others who are more capable and experienced can help you with it.

Do you also find UI is the most annoying to do?

I'm procrastinating in my own UI..

Yes, so I am trying to get it out of the way first. Which is partially successful, with only the save/load UI left undone . I find that if you left UI to be the last 1 %, you usually just do something fast just to get it done with and that shows a lot since UI is a part of your game that the players see.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Doing dialog box mock up today

Finish coding some of the dialog functions but still halfway there.

Not much progress today due to transferring all my sfx to a newly brought external drive and discussing about character creation methodology with other indie game devs and some other people.

• Cool!, good job.

• Just finish the dialog features for my game.

With this done, I can fully concentrate on my Character Creation using a variant of this feature.

Also here's a gif to show progress.

Trigger Warning: Contain Rape.

Ignore the slight jam after the choices. I already fixed those and are just too lazy to make another gif. I also have finish inputting all the required sprite fonts for my game.

• Finish Character Creation.

While I still unsure how the stats bonus going to affect difficulty (i want to give the pc a boost, not turn him/her/it into a demigod of rage.) , I can adjust it later if the values are too much.

A bit tamer than my last game character creation.

No gif this time though, because I like to keep most of questions hidden as a pleasant surprise.

Now, focusing on porting over my stats engine to this game and configuring it to fit.

• Aesthetically and technically It looks great, but a game depicting rape probably isn't appropriate for the forums.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)