[Feedback] Dialogue Box For Lazy People

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • New update and new capx!

I added some basic touch support. Try it and give me your feedback

• i will be using it! As soon as i start to use it i will give you feedback! thank you for making this!

• I just added a bunch of stuff in the last update. I made a RPG like demo and a Visual Novel like demo to show different uses of the dialogue box.

As I was doing this I made it easier to fork the dialogue and you can also use the mouse now.

Enjoy talking with Piggy in the new demos

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/dialogue-box-for-lazy-people-8915

• Thank you for this script! Its really amazing and has a ton of potential.

I was trying to deconstruct your test file to figure out how I can use this dialogue tool to my own liking. However, my dialogue practice just doesn't seem to trigger at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4m8nb4notfo8 ... .capx?dl=0

I understand if you dont' have time to look at this, I'm going to keep picking it apart and maybe I'll learn something, but I'd appreciate if you had time to point out what I could be doing wrong.

Thank you either way!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • funcooker You're welcome, it's always nice to see someone is interested by what I did (and it forces me to work on it a little haha)

Do you still have problems? I will look at your capx and tell you if I find anything wrong.

• Just logged in to thank you! I'm going to make short visual novel-type games and this makes my work so much easier. It took me littlebit time to figure out how does this work and how can i customize this to my needs but it would have taken much more time if i had to do everything from beginning :)

• Anttj90 You're welcome Don't hesitate to ask me for more explanations. I'm always happy to help.

• Would it be possible to get your complete demo capx file? I can't figure out how to get the template working. Can you also fix the broken link to your capx in the arcade? Maybe that is what I am missing. Thanks for this.

• Would it be possible to get your complete demo capx file? I can't figure out how to get the template working. Can you also fix the broken link to your capx in the arcade? Maybe that is what I am missing. Thanks for this.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know the link in the arcade was broken, I don't know if it's because of me or if it's just the website. I will reupload the capx file in the arcade later today or tomorrow

• It still is a broken link. I'd like to take a look at this over the weekend... if possible. Thanks a bunch for creating this and sharing it!

• Yeah, the capx is a dead link too.

• LaDestitute Fratchner

Sorry for the late reply, I reuploaded after your comments but the link was still dead (I guess there was a problem with the website). I just tried downloading the capx today and it worked, so it should be okay now.

• bbenny93 is there a way for the NPC to remember his next_dialogue when the player go to a new layout and come back?

• bbenny93 is there a way for the NPC to remember his next_dialogue when the player go to a new layout and come back?

You could create different dialogues to call and then use variables to check which to switch to?

• LaDestitute I forgot that I asked this question , but I ended up using an array where I store the last dialogue...

So the array is filled with initial dialogue on the beginning of the game( not at start layout) and every time my player is in collision with the NPC it checks the correspondent dialogue in the array and replace next_dialogue for the NPC

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)