[FEEDBACK] BzzzBzzz on Arcade

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Royalty free music tracks for your indie games and projects.
  • Hi there.

This is my current project, a simple casual game with physics, skill requirement and leaderboards.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/bzzzbzzz-1369?cp=2

Screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0gtk6zse21q0ym/ScreenShot.png?dl=0

As the game is not finished yet, I realy need your feedbacks about:

difficulty

how the game runs in your browser

things needed to make the game better

I already have ideas to implement, but maybe something that I never thought is missing.

Current version: v1.0.1.1

Notes: As I have reworked the data saving system, all scores have been reset to zero.

Previous players could have strange behaviors in Successes panel as stars in Challenges

that haven't been played yet.

APK (Android v4 minimum):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cmf5stuqmej3km/BzzzBzzz_2015_10_12-18_08_59_GooglePlaystoreV3_debug_signed.apk?dl=0

* You can help by reporting your device specs, highest and lowest fps you can see during gameplay.

Version history:

[ul]	[li]v1.0.1.1:[/li]
    [/ul][*] Added a Challenge mode (15 challenges atm).
    [*] Added a Slow Motion item in the main game that you will need to unlock in Challenge mode before. 
    [*] Small changes yet.

[ul]
    	[li]v1.0.1.0:[/li]
    [/ul][*] Added a Successes/Trophies Board

[ul]
    	[li]v1.0.0.9:[/li]
    [/ul][*] Added a Switch button that you can use 3 times max.
    [*] Added some kinds of success (not finished yet) that should help you to reach better scores.
    [*] Added sounds
    [*] Small changes.
    [ul]
    	[li]v1.0.0.8:[/li]
    [/ul][*] Reworked "Quick Stack" gameplay.
    [*] Added a "Quick Stack Value" leaderboard.
    [ul]
    	[li]v1.0.0.7:[/li]
    [/ul][*] Added "Quick Stack" gameplay and now you will be able to achieve better scores.
    [*] Added a round candy block.
    [*] Added fullscreen button on title screen.
    [*] Minor changes and bugs fix.
    [ul]
    	[li]v1.0.0.6:[/li]
    [/ul][*] I've tried to set a little larger screen, but the game is designed to run on mobiles. Changing screen size at runtime don't works well until you go to Full Screen Mode (Looking for a solution).
    [*] Added an indicator to show how many tries are left.
    [*] Added a new Leaderboard "BzzzBzzz Stacked Blocks".
    [*] Minor changes.
    [ul]
    	[li]v1.0.0.5:[/li]
    [/ul][*] A little biger island.
    [*] Now, the game ends after loosing 3 blocks (out of the layout or in the water).
    [*] 2 more sounds.
    [/code:3gn8k0e2]

Try to beat me on Leaderboards.  
    Thanks, Nico
  • Hi, I found it quite enjoying. I use firefox and it ran without problems. It is not easy but not to hard. The island should be a little bit wider to allow the player sufficient leeway in which to make mistakes.

• Thanks for the feedback.

I've updated the game to version 1.0.0.5:

A little biger island.

Now, the game ends after loosing 3 blocks (out of the layout or in the water).

2 more sounds.

Your comments and ideas are always welcome,

Nico.

• Hi,

Fun game .

Runs well with Chrome . Exept a small slowdown when the first object falls into water

Difficulty well measured... but the difficulty depends on the objects generated by the game. (e.g. a polygon as first object increases difficulty )

Suggestion: A game window slightly larger will greatly increase the potential of the game, IMO

• Now it is much better balanced! But there should be some lifebar to tell the player how many tries are left.

• Thanks again for feedbacks.

Game updated to v1.0.0.6:

I've tried to set a little larger screen, but the game is designed to run on mobiles. Changing screen size at runtime don't works well until you go to Full Screen Mode (Looking for a solution).

Added an indicator to show how many tries are left.

Added a new Leaderboard "BzzzBzzz Stacked Blocks".

Minor changes

As again, feel free to comment.

Nico.

• v1.0.0.7:

Added "Quick Stack" gameplay and now you will be able to achieve better scores.

Added a round candy block.

Added fullscreen button on title screen.

Minor changes and bugs fix.

v1.0.0.8:

Reworked "Quick Stack" gameplay.

Added a "Quick Stack Value" leaderboard.

• I find the round blocks pretty useless since they are impossible to handle.

• Hi, liquid!

Round blocks are only round by the image. Think more of an octogonal collision polygon so you can stack other blocks to it.

You will get only few rounded blocks in a game(max: 10) but they will give you more points than other blocks.

Here is a quick video to show that you can achieve great score with a round block stacked in the middle:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xg4gksdkpd8d ... z.flv?dl=0

Thanks for your advice, I will see later if this kind of block needs to be removed.

Best regards, Nico.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • New version v1.0.0.9:

Look at first post for version history.

Nico.

• New version v1.0.1.0:

Nico.

• New version v1.0.1.1 with Challenges.

Nico.

• Wow, talk about an addictive game! Beautiful art and very polished, congratulations man!

• Thanks for your comment immortalx.

Here is the apk for players to test on their Android system (v4 minimum):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cmf5stuqmej3km/BzzzBzzz_2015_10_12-18_08_59_GooglePlaystoreV3_debug_signed.apk?dl=0

This is the same version as the html one, except for the screen size and the fps counter ont the right during main game.

I realy need feedbacks on how it runs on mobile devices!

* You can help by reporting your device specs, highest and lowest fps you can see during gameplay.

Thanks to all,

Nico

• Such a cool little game! I actually got stuck playing it for a good moment. Can't say I got too far - I guess I am not just a builder bee - but have you thought of rewarding players? Achievements, extra "life", more change possibilities etc. as they reach higher piles.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)