CANCELLED

0 favourites
  • Whilst i think Dungeon Buster deserves to be on steam and wish you every success, i can't help but think that now just about every game submitted gets greenlit. I heard they're getting rid of it altogether in favour of an anyone can sell apple store type marketplace.

• Thanks everyone! Couldn't believe it when I checked it and saw it had been accepted.

Ethan I'm not sure about every game getting onto it, I do know that your game has to make it past a certain threshold of votes to get accepted. It does seems a little bit broken, but hey it took Dungeon Buster nearly 6 months so it isn't a quick process, and it's pretty nervewracking in the first stages. I've heard that they are planning to get rid of it too, but as per Valve they are keeping relatively quiet about it so we'll have to wait and see. Greenlight was a good idea on paper, and I'm happy to have passed through it (apart from some abusive comments, which seems to be par for the course on the internet these days).

But anyway, I have a news post to draft so I'll be back later!

• looks ok, hope it is detailed well

• Whilst i think Dungeon Buster deserves to be on steam and wish you every success, i can't help but think that now just about every game submitted gets greenlit. I heard they're getting rid of it altogether in favour of an anyone can sell apple store type marketplace.

The portion of games that pass Greenlight remains very small.

It still is a big accomplishment for solo/small indie groups, especially one starting out with no fanbase or marketing $.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very good!

congrats

• Wrangler How are you guys doing about the executable in order to install the game?

• Added some new stuff:

• Wrangler How are you guys doing about the executable in order to install the game?

I'm curious about this too.

Great looking stuff btw!

• yaomon17 We're aiming to build it with Node Webkit and then package it in an installer using the likes of NSIS or something similar.

• Opensource!! <3

• A very very nice looking game, best of luck with Steam Greenlit!

• Congrats with Greenlight!

• Sandybee Savvy001 Thank you both!

Work is still grinding onwards for Dungeon Buster. The latest piece of work to tackle is implementing cutscenes and story features, which will make the first part of 2015 very interesting indeed!

Thanks to everyone for your support so far; it's been a long road to get Dungeon Buster created, but it's getting there!

• Working on story things today!

• Damn, this is so cool. Congratulations and happy new year. You shouldnt be working today

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)