Boxtory|2D Platformer [DevLog]

• Your game is very good ...

• Pretty interesting prototype! Looking forward to it

• sorry but on my old notebook, the prototype don't work, black screen > <

• sorry but on my old notebook, the prototype don't work, black screen > <

It took me a hour but now it works. I think you spend at least a hour in my game so extra for you the game is now on Scirra Arcarde too.

Now i have one more person filled out the survey but i still would be verry happy about each reviews. Thanks at Huemerson and

For everyone who dont want to download something from the Internet: The Prototype is now on Scirra Arcarde. Have fun and please fill out the survey!

Boxtory Prototype on Scirra Arcarde

The Survey

Bye

Cryttexx

• > sorry but on my old notebook, the prototype don't work, black screen > <

>

It took me a hour but now it works. I think you spend at least a hour in my game so extra for you the game is now on Scirra Arcarde too.

Unfortunately my old notebook has a webgl gpu blacklisted, I think the problem of not being able to play is related to this. I will try to play the nw.js version on another computer when I have an opportunity.

• Very good game, the story is interesting. Congratulations.

• Hello guys,

Here is a longer update with the results of the survey and the next steps.

First Huemerson : Didnt you already write that before?

And NN81 : Ok. I did my best guy.

The results and the conclusion of the prototype

Overall i got the feedback that the game was for a prototype completly ok or ok. The answer how much potenial they was answered mixed with “put it out for free“ or “sell it for 1 or 2 Dollars“. I will decide the price or if its free when thw game is almost finished. The most critic got the control, the battery and the old tv filter. So the good news are that i decided to finish the game in winter or autumn.

Next steps:

• improve the controls
    • new solution for checkpoint and exit
    • rework battery or delete battery
    • reworking the tools
    • adding dialogue box
    • adding inverse physics box
    • adding magnet box

Thank you all

Cryttexx

Boxtory Prototype on Scirra Arcarde

• Here is a short update and a important question.

What do you think about this kind of art. I made it myself. Do you think its good enough for the final game? I would be verry glad about your opinions. If you say its good enough i maybe will make a lot of the graphics myself.

Thank you

Cryttexx

• Hello guys,

i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

Thank you

Cryttexx

• Hello guys,

i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

Thank you

Cryttexx

I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.

the graphics look great, good

• > Hello guys,

> i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

> Thank you

> Cryttexx

>

I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.

the graphics look great, good

I thank you so much dude. It always motivates me to get feedback. And yeah, i did so much in the last weeks, but just things wich are difficult to show here. I did graphics, new control, new window size, light, fx,...

Soon a verry big update will come.

Hopefully you are exited (-;

Cryttexx

• >

> > Hello guys,

> > i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

> > Thank you

> > Cryttexx

> >

>

>

> I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.

> the graphics look great, good

>

I thank you so much dude. It always motivates me to get feedback. And yeah, i did so much in the last weeks, but just things wich are difficult to show here. I did graphics, new control, new window size, light, fx,...

Soon a verry big update will come.

Hopefully you are exited (-;

Cryttexx

great then, the important thing is that you do not discourage, there may be gray periods a bit for everyone but strength and courage. as long as you are at work it's always good news. look up updates

• Update:

Hello guys,

I did a lot in the last weeks and im sorry that i didnt update the post but i tried to make a bigger update and not a lot of small ones. SO i made a lot of graphics wich you can see in the picture. I tried to make a lighting system and I really need your feedback: Do you like this the circle and the whole light system or would you say its to much? I got diffrent feedback so i would be glad about your opinions.

[center]

[/center]

List of what i did:

• Made the character animations
    • Tilemap
    • a lot of traps
    • a new light system (your opinion?)
    • bug fixes
    • a new control
    • a new box system (you can now combinate boxes for example a tnt box and a flying box. More deatails next time)
    • new window size
    • new box graphics
    • TigSource page: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62493.0
    • (...)

What i want to do:

• A email list (I know for such a little game its not necassary, but i want to try a bit around with it)
    • more grahics
    • the HUD
    • new box mechanic

NN81 You are so right. Everyone has this periodes. And that is ok. But personly feedback motivates me every time, so i dont have so many of this periods. I hope you enjoy the update.

Thats it for now. Im happy about every feedback.

Cryttexx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update:

Hello guys,

I did a lot in the last weeks and im sorry that i didnt update the post but i tried to make a bigger update and not a lot of small ones. SO i made a lot of graphics wich you can see in the picture. I tried to make a lighting system and I really need your feedback: Do you like this the circle and the whole light system or would you say its to much? I got diffrent feedback so i would be glad about your opinions.

[center]

[/center]

List of what i did:

- Made the character animations

- Tilemap

- a lot of traps

- a new light system (your opinion?)

- bug fixes

- a new control

- a new box system (you can now combinate boxes for example a tnt box and a flying box. More deatails next time)

- new window size

- new box graphics

- TigSource page: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62493.0

- (...)

What i want to do:

- A email list (I know for such a little game its not necassary, but i want to try a bit around with it)

- more grahics

- the HUD

- new box mechanic

NN81 You are so right. Everyone has this periodes. And that is ok. But personly feedback motivates me every time, so i dont have so many of this periods. I hope you enjoy the update.

Thats it for now. Im happy about every feedback.

Cryttexx

hi Cryttexx

as I see it, the light system, it can always be a double-cut weapon

much depends on how you intend to implement it and exploit it, if it has a practical sense or wants to be just an VFX to create a bit of variety in the atmosphere of the game.

anyway, for a detailed feedback you should see it at work, with a gameplay video or at least a small .gif

from what i see in the photo the only thing I think is that with the AAcontrast a bit with the 'retro' style of the prototype, maybe I'd use a fx more pixelated, or cel shaded light.

• NN81 Yeah youre right. At the moment im also not verry happy about this version. But what do you mean with cel shaded light? I decided to leave out the old Tv filter from tge prototype. But what do you think about the light general? I will send you a gif soon.

Thank you

Cryttexx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)