Boxtory|2D Platformer [DevLog]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I did a lot of things since the last post. So:

- You can now push boxes around. That was something many People mentioned. But there are still a few bugs right now.

- An also important Change is that the Robot now have a battery pack. Means that every secound the Player lose engery. And when the battery is empty you must load (you cant move).

- There is now a Little lightning (look at the gif)

- And there is a new trap: The Press

Should i always make a to you NN81, mercuryus ??

Hopefully you like the News

Cryttexx

good

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • why not.. Roboxtory??

good TNT

• I think it looks good. I'm sure you put in lots of longs hours to make this game. I sure as hell did with mine so far lol best of luck with this project 😀 if you have time check out my project in the works in progress feed. It's called Alien Assault

• The tv filter seems cute, as does the prototype graphic style. When you release the demo I will play it gladly.

• Hi Cryttexx

i would like to test your game with the current state.

There are some new things i really want to see.

For me 'Scirra Arcade' is ok...

mercuryus

• Scirra Arcade for me too XD

• Hi Cryttexx

I played the demo and I've left some feedback on your survey, but for the benefit of other forum users here some of it.

• Get rid of the TV filter, it doesn't add anything to the look; it just makes the sprites/graphics look a little worse than they should
    • I don't think you need health AND the blue thing ("akku") - just have one or the other...
    • the little orange tank bot has really glitchy movement when changing directions
    • there's too many "walls of text" at the start... keep it simple, "here's the controls, etc... good luck"
    • the player controls are very slippy... unless that's what its supposed to be like
    • When I got to the end door it opened, but then closed before I got in....
  • Your game is very good ...

• Pretty interesting prototype! Looking forward to it

• sorry but on my old notebook, the prototype don't work, black screen > <

• > sorry but on my old notebook, the prototype don't work, black screen > <

>

It took me a hour but now it works. I think you spend at least a hour in my game so extra for you the game is now on Scirra Arcarde too.

Unfortunately my old notebook has a webgl gpu blacklisted, I think the problem of not being able to play is related to this. I will try to play the nw.js version on another computer when I have an opportunity.

• Very good game, the story is interesting. Congratulations.

• Hello guys,

i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

Thank you

Cryttexx

I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.

the graphics look great, good

• >

> > Hello guys,

> > i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.

> > Thank you

> > Cryttexx

> >

>

>

> I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.

> the graphics look great, good

>

I thank you so much dude. It always motivates me to get feedback. And yeah, i did so much in the last weeks, but just things wich are difficult to show here. I did graphics, new control, new window size, light, fx,...

Soon a verry big update will come.

Hopefully you are exited (-;

Cryttexx

great then, the important thing is that you do not discourage, there may be gray periods a bit for everyone but strength and courage. as long as you are at work it's always good news. look up updates

• Update:

Hello guys,

I did a lot in the last weeks and im sorry that i didnt update the post but i tried to make a bigger update and not a lot of small ones. SO i made a lot of graphics wich you can see in the picture. I tried to make a lighting system and I really need your feedback: Do you like this the circle and the whole light system or would you say its to much? I got diffrent feedback so i would be glad about your opinions.

[center]

[/center]

List of what i did:

- Made the character animations

- Tilemap

- a lot of traps

- a new light system (your opinion?)

- bug fixes

- a new control

- a new box system (you can now combinate boxes for example a tnt box and a flying box. More deatails next time)

- new window size

- new box graphics

- TigSource page: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62493.0

- (...)

What i want to do:

- A email list (I know for such a little game its not necassary, but i want to try a bit around with it)

- more grahics

- the HUD

- new box mechanic

NN81 You are so right. Everyone has this periodes. And that is ok. But personly feedback motivates me every time, so i dont have so many of this periods. I hope you enjoy the update.

Thats it for now. Im happy about every feedback.

Cryttexx

hi Cryttexx

as I see it, the light system, it can always be a double-cut weapon

much depends on how you intend to implement it and exploit it, if it has a practical sense or wants to be just an VFX to create a bit of variety in the atmosphere of the game.

anyway, for a detailed feedback you should see it at work, with a gameplay video or at least a small .gif

from what i see in the photo the only thing I think is that with the AAcontrast a bit with the 'retro' style of the prototype, maybe I'd use a fx more pixelated, or cel shaded light.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)