Arcade Tank Arena [with online demo]

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Hello everyone! First time posting this game here.

HERE IS THE DEMO

It is hosted on Google Drive, be patient as is loads.

Any feedback, critique, ideas, anything is welcome.

Music doesn't belong to me and is only a placeholder.

Here's a quick preview of the game. (with older sprites)

Basically it's a 4-player local couch multiplayer game where you battle it out with tanks!

Here are gameplay examples with some mechanics.

Bullet time dodging

. This map is really dark and has been fixed since.

Bullet deflection

EMP Blast power-up

I'm currently in my second month in developing the game, with a few more or several more months ahead of me. As I've already mentioned, I'm open to all suggestions, critiques, and anything really.

I actually need ideas for the title of my game, few ideas I have are: Pixel Cannons, and Typhoon Tanks.

If anyone is also willing to help out with AI, that would be great. So far they all have basic pathfinding and turret behaviors, thus they are very easy to play against. I still have to implement better shooting patterns, like line of sight so they don't waste their shots. And maybe peeking behavior but I don't know how to do that.

If you want more frequent updates on the game I would love that you say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kirknetic

• Wow, this looks really clean and great so far! Can't wait to see more.

• Wow, this looks really clean and great so far! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks! If you'd like you can give a play if you'd like. I just uploaded a demo version, link is above in the post.

• Awesome design

• I tried it, very nice.

Can you add AZERTY control ? or key arrows, im french and impossible to play in qwertz with my azerty keyboard.

• Awesome design

Thank you!

I tried it, very nice.

Can you add AZERTY control ? or key arrows, im french and impossible to play in qwertz with my azerty keyboard.

Thank you for checking it out. Oh I hadn't thought about that, thank you for letting me know. I'll make the changes and update it soon.

• I'd love to see this on Nexus Player, Razer Forge and the likes. This would be such perfect game for a boys-only-evening

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, lets start from the obvious, this game is a clean hit, nice graphics (for an alpha) an good thought out movement of the tanks/sprites.

Now to the critique and ideas!

I thing the bullet time is a little bit confusing, ok it is nice that i can turn it off, but I think It might be better to start as off on default, or even better to give it only on the last kill!

I like the levels simplicity and they work quite well, have in mind that after I died a couple times in a row from a new comer with invulnerability, I tended to mask my tank behind obstacles.

So you have to expect heavy camping taking place in the game. You might thing something that will force someone to camp less.

One thing is the delay between shots, great idea but it is a little confusing as to when you are ready to shoot again, maybe a loading bar on the tank will help that.

A possible power up will be faster loading for example!

An the thing that I didn't like was that I could see the spawn point of my enemy, that gave me an advantage, even though he has the shield.

Do you considering diversify the spawn points? Ok its a small level but you may add two, three more and random spawn on one of them the next player.

Overall a great game with very good potential. I really like the explosions and the graphics.

Also, the name looks good, I like it!

I'm looking forward for more updates!

• I'd love to see this on Nexus Player, Razer Forge and the likes. This would be such perfect game for a boys-only-evening

I haven't considered those options yet, but I think I should. Thanks.

• Well, lets start from the obvious, this game is a clean hit, nice graphics (for an alpha) an good thought out movement of the tanks/sprites.

Now to the critique and ideas!

Thank you for checking out, and for the detailed feedback!

I thing the bullet time is a little bit confusing, ok it is nice that i can turn it off, but I think It might be better to start as off on default, or even better to give it only on the last kill!

This one I'm constantly working on and tweaking. Players have mentioned that dodging should be made easier since all kills are instant. And unlike platform games, there is no dash/jump button on my tanks so there is no easy reflex dodge. I'll work on this continuously and see what the best balance is for players.

I like the levels simplicity and they work quite well, have in mind that after I died a couple times in a row from a new comer with invulnerability, I tended to mask my tank behind obstacles.

So you have to expect heavy camping taking place in the game. You might thing something that will force someone to camp less.

Level design is so tricky I've learned, especially like you said when a new tank comes in with invulnerability. I'm thinking that they'll be invulnerable only when they are in the spawn area, instead of having a quick timer after they spawn. This way they won't be able to bring their shields out into the map. But this also is going to introduce the problem of camping like you said. I'll test this out some more. As for preventing camping, I have a grenade-ish powerup that bounces off walls and explodes on proximity. This is for those tricky angles, this again needs more testing.

One thing is the delay between shots, great idea but it is a little confusing as to when you are ready to shoot again, maybe a loading bar on the tank will help that.

A possible power up will be faster loading for example!

Yes I've been trying to make a reload bar work actually, I'm still a little confused on how I want to implement it though, but it is a work in progress.

An the thing that I didn't like was that I could see the spawn point of my enemy, that gave me an advantage, even though he has the shield.

Do you considering diversify the spawn points? Ok its a small level but you may add two, three more and random spawn on one of them the next player.

Thank you for bringing this up. Yeah I think I should adjust this a little, on other maps I have more than 4 spawn points, but it really depends on the map so I will adjust this as well.

Overall a great game with very good potential. I really like the explosions and the graphics.

Also, the name looks good, I like it!

I'm looking forward for more updates!

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback and checking out the game. I hope my response wasn't too long. I have been working on a update for the past week-ish so I hope to update the demo soon as well.

• You are welcome my friend, I really loved your game and I hope we can all help make it a hit!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)