How can make x-ray effect with tilemap?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • How can I make an x-ray effect with 2 tilesmaps, where my player enters a house made with solid tilemap and the roof of another tilemap is transparent in an area around it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can check when your mc is overlapped by the roof tile map, you set opacity to 30.

If not overlaps, you can set it back to 100.

• I did it, but it's not what I'm looking for, I need only one part to be seen ... something like a line or circle around the character and that looks diffuse as it moves away from the character, the same effect as light but as lightning x, that is, you see the character from above and a radius around it when it enters a room or house, that the ceiling diffuses and is replaced when it moves from the sector.

• You should use blend modes. Create a Mask sprite - a black circle on a transparent background, you can make it with soft blurred edges if you want. Put the ceiling tilemap and the mask on a separate layer, set Force Own Texture=On on this layer. Set "Destination out" blend mode on the mask sprite. You can pin the mask sprite to your character.

If you select File-New in Construct, there is an example project demonstrating different blend modes.

• You should use blend modes. Create a Mask sprite - a black circle on a transparent background, you can make it with soft blurred edges if you want. Put the ceiling tilemap and the mask on a separate layer, set Force Own Texture=On on this layer. Set "Destination out" blend mode on the mask sprite. You can pin the mask sprite to your character.

If you select File-New in Construct, there is an example project demonstrating different blend modes.

I did it, thanks dop2000, I was using BLEND but I was with the sprite mask was with the transparency upside down so that's why I did not leave, now if it's ok ... thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)