How do I make tiled backgrounds that dont have the weirdness

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a pack with 7 space backgrounds wich have variations.
  • You know when you make tiled backgrounds of things like grass, and once you actually use it, it has that weird tiling effect. Is there a way to make it so that each tile will randomly rotate and flip itself to not have that effect?

• Can you show what you mean by "that weird tiling effect"? Preferably with an attached image?

• Sorry for the late reply. But the tiling effect is when you tile the same sprite over and over again and makes it sorta like

this effect. (Obviously i have much better grass, but i drew this real quickly to explain it. I want to make it so that each "Tile" in the tileable background will be different. Like invert it, and flip it around to get rid of that effect.

• But then it wouldn't be a tiled background.

• You don't want a "Tiled Background"- you might want a Tilemap, instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll try that later unnatural20, thank you so much.

• I think it might also help if you painted to the edge of the sprite to create a seamless pattern. Here's a quick tutorial on it, if you are interested.

I think it might also help if you painted to the edge of the sprite to create a seamless pattern. Here's a quick tutorial on it, if you are interested.

http:// istockphoto.com/article_view. php?ID=1493

(Edit: Just take out the spaces in the above link. I'm told I don't have high enough reputation to post links.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)