How do I stop the camera object on mobile from being blue

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • For some reason the camera object on mobile is taking inverted (blue) pictures.on desktop it works fine tho. I have a samsung galaxy 3. On iphone its not eaven asking for the camera permison it just won't work.

• I'm checking what is causing this i honestly have no idea. This is using the basic camera object provided by C2.

• Hmm really no one has an idea why this happens? Ashley ... anyone?

• Here's some extra information that might help.

I'm adding a stripped down version of the project.

It does however use some plugins:

including the spriter plugin (which I'm using for the animations)

Thanx for the suggestions Kyatric now hopefully you can take a look at it.

• Ashley , Kyatric

I Still have no answers from the rest of community due to the speciffic nature of the issue. Either way here's an Update - on the blue face issue

I decided to test out the demo provided by c2 (which in essence is the same code I'm using for my project)

The results in android galaxy s3

default browser - it doesn't work

chrome for android - blue face inversion issue

firefox for android - camera and snapshot is as it should be.

----

desktop(PC) - works as intended.

-----

on mac - works on chrome not on safari

-----

on iphone - doesn't work at all - firefox doesn't seem to exist for some reason.

Clearly there's an issue here.

Note the default c2 project is exported as html5 and ran streight from google drive here

• It's probably a bug in Chrome or the device's camera driver. It's the same C2 code running on all those platforms so that wouldn't explain the difference. I'd recommend reporting it to Google.

• It's probably a bug in Chrome or the device's camera driver. It's the same C2 code running on all those platforms so that wouldn't explain the difference. I'd recommend reporting it to Google.

Thank you for the reply. I just send the ma bug report in regards of the inverted image colors. Hopefully they'll have an answer other than "we don't now".

This however doesn't answer why it is not showing at all on iphone browsers. The idea of the project being html5 and not a separate app is to make it as available as possible to the public. It's a "for fun" personalized-postcard style project. This project may even be usefull for other implementations such as having characters with the player's face.

Any ideas are welcome thank you for your great work and paying attention Ashley

• This however doesn't answer why it is not showing at all on iphone browsers.

According to CanIUse, webcam/getUserMedia API is not supported in Safari/iOS browsers.

So as long as Apple does not implement support in those browsers, nothing to be done.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > This however doesn't answer why it is not showing at all on iphone browsers.

>

According to CanIUse, webcam/getUserMedia API is not supported in Safari/iOS browsers.

So as long as Apple does not implement support in those browsers, nothing to be done.

Thanks Kyatric for the quick answer... that is rather sad though. For all the apple boasting they're still behind. I guess they are still preety overpriced paperweights for now... sad though.

This does however answer that part of the question. Thank you very much mon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)