Spriter - Play two animations independently

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Spriter
$59 USD
Spriter is the Ultimate 2D Game Animation Solution
  • Hey, sorry I'm asking a Spriter-related question on this forum. I have asked on their forums, but I haven't received a message yet and this is an important part for the game I'm making...

So I have a character that has two weapons in each arm and I want the player to be able to attach with either hand independently of each other. Is it possible to do this with only one Spriter object, or do I need to somehow frankenstein it with multiple Spriter objects?

Thank you!

• maybe im not understanding the problem, but if you have an animation for shooting with both hands, you only have to assign two different image points for bullets spawn and sinchronyze thems with corresponding animation frames

• NN81 They are two weapons, one for each arm, with separate animations.

So the player should be able to shoot with the weapon in his right hand whether or not he is also shooting with his left hand, and vice versa.

• NN81 They are two weapons, one for each arm, with separate animations.

So the player should be able to shoot with the weapon in his right hand whether or not he is also shooting with his left hand, and vice versa.

post some photos or a sample .capx, otherwise it's not easy to figure out what you want to do, because what you say can be done in so many ways depends on exactly how you want it and the assets you want to use

• post some photos or a sample .capx, otherwise it's not easy to figure out what you want to do, because what you say can be done in so many ways depends on exactly how you want it and the assets you want to use

Here's the capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnenqnnor82uk ... .capx?dl=1

(They're melee weapons instead of firearms, but the animations still be independent from one another)

• can post a .capx add-on free?

• can post a .capx add-on free?

The pluggin is needed for importing spriter animations into C2...

Can you download it from here?

• > can post a .capx add-on free?

>

The pluggin is needed for importing spriter animations into C2...

Can you download it from here?

ahm

• TRMG

I don't have any experience with Spriter either, but I did a little googling and found the feature called character maps. Are you using it?

https://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_man ... 20maps.htm

It allows you to replace parts of your animation, for example change a helmet or weapon. If it can be done with one weapon, I'm guessing you can easily do the same with the second weapon in another hand.

• dop2000 Hi, I am using character maps, but I don't think that they'll help in this situation...

Let me try to explain what I am trying to do better:

I have these two animations (Videos):

Right Hand Attack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tge0z6reeuq5k ... k.mp4?dl=0

Left Hand Shield: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy7dg6k9v649l ... d.mp4?dl=0

And I want the player to be able to attack (when pressing the space bar) or shield (when pressing shift), even if the other animation is playing. So if he is shielding and he presses space, I want him to continue to shield and at the same time play the attack animation.

• I'm sure it's possible, but I can only speculate what you are doing wrong.

Your current two animations (attack and shield) probably "overwrite" each other, because they include movements of all body parts. If you make attack animation to only move one hand with a weapon, and shield animation to only move another hand with the shield, then you may be able to play both simultaneously. You'll probably need a third animation for the remaining body parts.

But again, this is only a guess, I may be completely wrong

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [...] If you make attack animation to only move one hand with a weapon, and shield animation to only move another hand with the shield, then you may be able to play both simultaneously. [...]

I've have tried that and it didn't work. Seems like even if they don't share the same bones, the animation still get fully replaced by the new one.

But thank you all the same

• Bump...

• I didn't understand this properly

what I understand is you have made several animation in Spriter and now you want them to control in Construct 2

like hit enemies, and use shield etc ?

• Okey I did something in your project

check this if this is you are asking

Press E to check in preview

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)