How do I speed up the velocity (speed) of an object?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi! I just wanna ask, how do I speed up the velocity (speed) of an object? I'm making a pong game and it's really hard to do what I want. That is...

Maxed the current speed as 800 and whenever it hits another paddle, speed up the ball a bit.

I tried many things and I can't seem to add whenever the ball collides with the paddles.

EDIT: It's answered! An answer from dop2000

You can use the same principle with Physics. On collision set Physics Velocity: X component=(Self.Physics.VelocityX*1.1), Y component=(Self.Physics.VelocityY*1.1)

Tagged:

• What behavior are you using to move the ball? If it's Bullet, you can do something like

Ball on collision with Paddle -> Ball Bullet set speed to (Self.Bullet.speed+20)

• What behavior are you using to move the ball? If it's Bullet, you can do something like

Ball on collision with Paddle -> Ball Bullet set speed to (Self.Bullet.speed+20)

Oops! Sorry! It was 2 AM when I posted that. Not very informative. Anyway, I am using Physics behaviour and it can't speed up properly. As it will make the ball very, very buggy. Either it works or it just slows the ball down! This is the same too when I changed it to impulse.

i.ibb.co/x7CJNGp/THE-262.png

It's a Pong clone game. I really wish every time it hit the paddle, it'll add to the speed...

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the same principle with Physics. On collision set Physics Velocity: X component=(Self.Physics.VelocityX*1.1), Y component=(Self.Physics.VelocityY*1.1)

Don't forget to set Bullet=Yes in Physics properties for the ball, otherwise it may glitch when moving too fast.

• You can use the same principle with Physics. On collision set Physics Velocity: X component=(Self.Physics.VelocityX*1.1), Y component=(Self.Physics.VelocityY*1.1)

Don't forget to set Bullet=Yes in Physics properties for the ball, otherwise it may glitch when moving too fast.

OH MY GOD. I FORGOT TO SET THE BULLET TO YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! AND IT WORKS!

THANK YOUUUU!!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)