Have separate html files talking to each other

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi Guys

I have absolutely no experience with this and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Basically I'm looking at making a puzzle game with each level being a "separate game/file".

To reach those levels you would click on little level icons from a separate "menu level".

Now, what I'm wondering is whether there is a way, the separate html level files can talk to the menu file and let it know if they have been completed or not?

Hope I explained it well enough :)

Thank you in advance!

• Just use multiple layouts with webstorage. If a level is complete send level1complete =1 then use that to decide if it is conpleted or not. There is no reason that I can think of to use mutiple games in that situation.

• Thanks for your reply :)

The reason I need to use separate games is because I would be producing a new level each day and only want to upload that particular content and the menu it self.

So, every day I would update the menu to show more icons, and upload the new "game/level".

The second reason I would like to use multiple files, is to stop people from taking the game as a whole, from my site.

Since html 5 is easily copyable, I though this would be a good way to do it as the level files would each be named randomly and no one would bother to hunt down all the files ... or at least it would make it harder for them.

I'm not set on this solution, but I don't really have any other ideas on how to make sure the game doesn't get taken from my site.

If anyone has any other ideas, that would be awesome :)

• Not many people are going to go through the trouble of stealing your game. If it's actually uploaded to a website the source will not help without all the other exported files. Trust me, it is A LOT easier to just do it all in one game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I make flash games and that's why i'm in this mindset. If you make a good flash game, then next thing its all over the internet. This is a good thing for exposure but in this case I want to get people to come to my site instead of getting the content elsewhere.

I guess copying html 5 games is a little bit more complicated then taking a single swf file.

The only thing im worried about is the filesize. After a few months of adding daily levels, the file will get very big to upload everyday.

• If you use a FTP program like Filezilla, you can tell it to not upload existing filenames or files with the same modify date. That will save you time uploading.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)