Score not displaying

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi everyone

I have created a working live-score for my game but now I downloaded a new font and tried to make the score appear in it and it doesn't work.

I have tried it with multiple other fonts and it works with them. Even when it says that Construct 2 doesn't support them.

Does anybody know how I can make it work?

• Is your text box large enough to display the selected font?

• If the font is too big it may not display. Try increasing the size of the text box. Especially with a score, you may want to make it really wide too depending on how high your score goes. So the text has room as the score goes up.

Say your Score variable is "Points" and your score text is called "ScoreBoard" Whenever you have the score change have an action that says Set "ScoreBoard" to points. When you type it in it should show a dropbox of items. Select your variable for the Score, in this example, "Points".

So score changes Set "ScoreBoard" to "Points" as in the variable for the score.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is your text box large enough to display the selected font?

It displays "Score:" but not the number. As soon as I change the fon. It works perfectly.

• If the font is too big it may not display. Try increasing the size of the text box. Especially with a score, you may want to make it really wide too depending on how high your score goes. So the text has room as the score goes up.

Say your Score variable is "Points" and your score text is called "ScoreBoard" Whenever you have the score change have an action that says Set "ScoreBoard" to points. When you type it in it should show a dropbox of items. Select your variable for the Score, in this example, "Points".

So score changes Set "ScoreBoard" to "Points" as in the variable for the score.

I did this and it doesn't work. The weird thing is that the "Score:" text moves to the left after some time so the number is being generated but it's just invisible for some reason.

I made the textbox large and it still doesn't work.

• We may have to see the code to know what's going on.

• We may have to see the code to know what's going on.

What exactly do I have to show you?

• This would be easiest if you uploaded a capx example with the issue isolated.

What font?

• This would be easiest if you uploaded a capx example with the issue isolated.

What font?

Murder Block

• http://www.dafont.com/murder-block.font

Your font doesn't have numbers.

• dafont.com/murder-block.font

Your font doesn't have numbers.

Haha, thank you Bro!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)