Rexording audio from a microphone

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Nice and simple question, what's the easiest way to record audio from the microphone ? I know that the ability is potentially there as you can address the microphone and tou can save info with the engine to file.

if anyone knows of a plugin even that will spit out an MP3/M4A that would even be usable for my needs :-)

• Yes please; even better, the open source Opus codec would be better for storing audio files (preferably on a server).

I'd even pay good money for a plugin like this for C2.

• Milupa5: You guys should check the User media plugin. That's what you need to get the microphone input.

Nevertheless, for recording/saving/loading on server it's far more complex than you believe and no plugin will help you out due to HTML5's nature.

You need to find your own way to put the "audio" file to a string/data format (this possibly could use a plugin, none exist for that as far as I know) and need to have AJAX calls to scripts on your server that will handle its being saved/loaded.

Look the how do I FAQ for AJAX usage example.

• Milupa5: You guys should check the User media plugin. That's what you need to get the microphone input.

Nevertheless, for recording/saving/loading on server it's far more complex than you believe and no plugin will help you out due to HTML5's nature.

You need to find your own way to put the "audio" file to a string/data format (this possibly could use a plugin, none exist for that as far as I know) and need to have AJAX calls to scripts on your server that will handle its being saved/loaded.

Look the how do I FAQ for AJAX usage example.

i totally DON'T get how user media work

just want simple way to record sound to data(json?base64?whatever!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think it's actually possible to record audio to a file with User Media. I looked at it at length, and couldn't figure it out. Obviously saving it on a remote server is a different animal and would be the next step..

> Milupa5: You guys should check the User media plugin. That's what you need to get the microphone input.

>

> Nevertheless, for recording/saving/loading on server it's far more complex than you believe and no plugin will help you out due to HTML5's nature.

> You need to find your own way to put the "audio" file to a string/data format (this possibly could use a plugin, none exist for that as far as I know) and need to have AJAX calls to scripts on your server that will handle its being saved/loaded.

>

> Look the how do I FAQ for AJAX usage example.

>

i totally DON'T get how user media work

just want simple way to record sound to data(json?base64?whatever!)

I

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)