How do I Replace Edge Markers in Tutorial?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/ho ... ame/page-7

In the above tutorial by Ashley, he used Edge Markers to control the snail from falling off the ends of the platform it was on. These Edge Markers also prevent the Player from moving properly at the ends of the platform.

What is the best way to keep the snails on the platform, but also let the players move freely without bumping into an invisible object? Is there a better collision detection than a solid (invisible) box at these places? One that the Player would be free to walk past smoothly.

• I'd guess you gave your edge markers the Solid behavior? You shouldn't. Your Player shouldn't otherwise notice those markers at all.

• Gosh I feel stupid. Thank you, that was it. They were set to Solid. Now the player walks freely through them. Thank you very much!

C2 is an amazing engine. I've tried so many: Unreal Engine 4, Unity (several versions), C#, C++, Gamemaker Studio, Cocos2d, Xamarin, AGK2, Leadwerks, Clickteam Fusion 2.5, Stencyl, Delphi, C++ Builder, Alice, Allegro, Corona, DarkBasic, FPS Creator, Game Builder Studio, Game Salad, GameStudio, GLBasic, Juice (sound engine), Lazarus (Pascal), Monogame, XNA, Ogre3D, Phaser, PureBasic, Qt, RPGMaker, SDL, SFML, and SharpDX. Construct 2 is the only environment that has amazed me! It's taken me several years of course to try these engines, but none has been so easy and at the same time so full of features as C2.

Thanks again!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Delphi and Lazarus, eh? I remember Delphi 1.0 coming out. Worked in Delphi for many years. Good stuff, still miss it, honestly.

Glad you got this issue worked out!

• I liked Pascal better than the object oriented Delphi. I remember BP6 and the apps I made with that version. Long time ago though. Programming has sure changed a lot since then...

• I liked Pascal better than the object oriented Delphi. I remember BP6 and the apps I made with that version. Long time ago though. Programming has sure changed a lot since then...

It has and it hasn't.

• That's true. You can still program the old way with older programs. I have Lazarus installed and have been working on an old Hangman game I started back in the 90's. Then I have Visual Studio 2013 and work on .net stuff all the time.

I should have said that programming has sure evolved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)