How do I remember position of spawned object in next layout

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey there,

I have a system where you can collect powerups, upon collecting these they will be displayed on the top right corner of the screen.

As shown here:

However, when I enter the next layout, all of these powerups are gone.. I gave them a persist behavior.

Here is a piece of the code:

As you can see, the position of the powerups is based on how many there are. So basically How do I make the game remember how many powerups there are, which animation frame each one has and the position there have.

• why dont you just spawn them on start of layout based on the value of 'items' ?

• You can use "Webstorage" to save collected items on the current layout and then reload them on the next layout that you want to go to.

• Im not sure how to do that. Im trying something now, making variables for each powerup animation frame.

with three powerups avaiable it looks like this:

On collision with s_powerup ->

s_powerup animation frame = 1 -> add 1 to var.powerup_1

s_powerup animation frame = 2 -> add 1 to var.powerup_2

s_powerup animation frame = 3 -> add 1 to var.powerup_3

So nows the game knows how much of each powerups are collected, but I still don't know how I should make them to be displayed in the next layouts

• Well if you make them a global object and have the same layer name in the next frame, theoretically they should persist in to it. Then it's just a matter of recreating them when someone reloads their save games.

Or you could even make the HUD a global layer and give the objects their own ID values and make them visible based on that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • corlenbelspar Wow thanks a lot dude! I didn't even knew global objects existed. It works perfectly now, I just had to make the s_powerup a global object Let's see if I can optimize my game even more now I know this

• No problem. I would personally do the global layers method because it'd be a bit easier the way I'd do it but I say whatever works best for each project on a case by case basis. Both work either way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)