Publishing on Google Play - Did it go down well? Pls Would you share your experience after the fact

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi everyone,

I have noticed that a lot of the links directing to Google Play Store games made in Construct present blank pages as the games are no longer available.

I refer to recently published games (as per the date of the post where the construct user announces his work on this forum thread):https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/your-construct-creations-9/c3-games-google-play-android-149983

I would kindly ask feedback from everyone with a recent experience in publishing a game on the Google Play Store with Construct 3.

This is very important as I am evaluating the tech for our next game:

- Do you know examples of mobile games made in Construct that have encountered reasonable success on Google Play store?

- Is there some technical reason why a lot of these games are no longer available? (for example being unable to comply with some storefront requirements)

- Do in app purchases and Admob integration work well?

- Is it easy to keep up with G Play requirements to maintain the game on the Play Store over time?

- Have you been able to scale your game properly across different screen sizes?

- Everything else relevant -> what has your overall experience with C3 and Google Play been like?

Thank you very much for any feedback on this!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you are 'evaluating the tech' for a mobile game on android the real question is where do you plan to put the android game if not on Play Store ? What are the other options ?

• I've published a few (bad) games to Google Play, however I've never messed with Admob or IAPs because I don't really care about revenue. I have put the Google Play Sign In system into one of my games, though, and it was a pain, but that's just because I'm dumb. I eventually got help in the C3 forums.

I'd say it isn't too difficult to publish, and it gets easier over time after going through the process for each game. On Construct's side, it's way too easy. Just export (although certain settings do change things like the app name, so make sure you correctly set every single setting to work, including the Icons folder), and then download the file. Most of the struggle comes from Google's side, mainly because you have to just give a lot of info about the game, make a privacy policy (i just used Termly), and a lot more.

When it comes to the links not working, that simply could just be because the dev took down the game, or like you said, maybe Google took it down because of requirements.

There aren't too many requirements for maintaining the game, however I did recently get an email about needing to update my games to also target newer versions of Android (except i never did that because honestly i dont care if the games get taken down they suck :P)

For screen scaling, I've never cared. I used Letterbox scaling so it simply just has black bars on extra space.

I know a lot of my answers were just "oh I ignored that" but that's because I made those games a while ago when my C3 skills were still okay at best and didn't care about making a great game, I just wanted something I made to be on my phone :)

idk how helpful this is for you but I might as well give my input.

also sorry for so much reading I tried to answer as many questions as I could.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)