How do I make an Power Level Detector?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
75 power-up sound effects; bonus and notification sounds, fanfares, harp glissandi, stabs, clock ticks, etc.
  • Ay bois, this time, i wanted to know how do i make an Power Level Detector for enemies in my game. I tried making one by myself, but, didn't go well.

So, my objective is: Detect the Power Level of the enemy, and, compare with the Power Level of the player. If it's too high, then the enemy will become Red ( Hard Enemy ). If the enemy has an PL not too high or not too low to the Player's Power Level, then, they will become Yellow ( Medium Enemy ). If the PL of the enemy is too low from the Player's Power Level, then, they will become Blue ( Easy Enemy ).

So, example: If the player faces an square with the Power Level of 500, and, his Power Level is 1000, so, the square will be Blue, will be easy to kill him. Same if the square has 5K of PL, and the player 10K.

Example 2: If the player faces an square with the Power Level of 2500, and, his Power Level is 2200 or 2700 ( Btw, 2000 or 3000 too ), the square will be Yellow. Not so easy, but, not so hard to kill it. Same if the square has 250 PL, and, the player 220 or 270.

Example 3: If the player faces an square with the Power Level of 17500, and, his Power Level is 10K or even lower, the square will be Red. Very difficulty to kill. Same if the player has 1k PL, and the square 5k ( Or 2k, 3k, 4k . . . ). And, same if the player has 175 PL, and, the square 500 or higher.

So please, if you know how to make it, please tell me! You can suggest ideas too!

• I think you can just compare the two as variables and change the animation of the enemy accordingly, with the animation being the one with the appropriate color.

• I think you can just compare the two as variables and change the animation of the enemy accordingly, with the animation being the one with the appropriate color.

That is what i tried but didn't worked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I think you can just compare the two as variables and change the animation of the enemy accordingly, with the animation being the one with the appropriate color.

That is what i tried but didn't worked.

What exactly did you do? Can you share images of the events?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)