The player bugs through platforms when entering it from another object

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So my problem is:

I have a tilemap with the "platform" behavior.

When the player walks on only that tilemap, everything works just fine. Though, when I put a solid pyramid shaped object for example somewhere on his way, he will not move on the platform after exiting the object, but simply bugs through the platform and fall through it. The hitboxes of the solid pyramid and the platform overlap each other and the player will always follow the surface of the pyramid instead of continue walking on the platform on the overlap-point.

The hitbox of the player is already a bit rounded on the bottom.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

• I have a tilemap with the "platform" behavior.

Did you mean with "Solid" behavior? Or "Jump-thru"?

If the tilemap has Jump-Thru behavior, then the player can fall down through it if you are holding Down key on the keyboard when descending from the pyramid.

If this is not the case, please share your capx.

• dop2000

Yeah I meant that the tilemap has the "Jump-thru" behavior. I assigned "fall through" on the S key, but that's not the problem here.

He doesn't just fall through it, he won't even enter it at all.

The solid pyramid is on or in some cases also a bit inside the tilemap. When the player now walks from the tilemap to the pyramid, everything works. But when he transitions back from the pyramid to the tilemap, he ignores the tilemap.

• Why do not you upload a capx?

• the Mnk

I am not on my computer right now. Later when I am back, I'll upload it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am actually able to reproduce this in the default Platformer template (part 9). This looks like a bug, you should report it.

The easiest workaround would be making sure that the pyramid and platfrom don't overlap.

• dop2000

Yes,I encountered this bug a while ago already before starting my new project. It's getting quite a problem right now though, might need to overgo it somehow.

I'll report it later today.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)