particle spawns progressivly on left of supposed imagepoint

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • Hello everyone,

i created a physic enemy with limited revolute joints. i made particle spawn from is mouth ( blood) with an image point. And i made his body ( from where all parts are related with limited revolute joint) move forward a few pixels when i ( my character) hit him with a ball.

Problem i have is that when i make the enemy go forward at some point, particles starts spawning away on the left, and this goes on as particles spawns way too far, at the end, almost a screen size....

how do i fix this?

how do i keep the spawing particles always at the image point on the enemy's mouth, wherever he is on the entire layout?

thanks for answers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you include a .capx, or at least a screenshot or two?

• Did you set the particle position to the enemy mouth, Or every time you spawn a new particle?

• particle is set to enemy's head, at imagepoint 2

[attachment=2:370l6cry][/attachment:370l6cry]

here is when it's spawning at the right place ( not even really because of a 5 pixel move forward)

[attachment=1:370l6cry][/attachment:370l6cry]

here is when it is not

[attachment=0:370l6cry][/attachment:370l6cry]

• System -> Every Tick | Particle -> Set Position (Enemy Head Point 2.X, Enemy Head Point 2.Y)

• What the hell kind of creepy shit is this?

• Thank you very much Unatural20, unfortunatly, set position won't alow me to set it to image point...

Somehow, i figured out that Alpha Threshold effect on particles is messing with the position. i droped the effect,

and it works ok..but i've lost the alphathreshold....too bad , but at least, it works

Tekniko i take it as a compliment

• Set position should allow you to set to image point? and then you can pin it in place

• this happens to me too, and i thought i knew how to reproduce it, closing and reopening the project did not cure it, only closing construct and opening it fresh did. it was something to do with deleting an image point, and maybe the undo button. if i knew exactly how to reproduce i would send a bug report

• problem solved long time ago , their was som parallax issues between layers, and objects of course weren't on the same layer, so "décalage"..

• problem solved long time ago , their was som parallax issues between layers, and objects of course weren't on the same layer, so "décalage"..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)